• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food Problems???????

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I dont think its brumations its to young. Your bearded dragon may brumate every year, never at all, for long periods of time, or on and off through a season. Your beardie may brumate in the summer, winter, for a week, or for a month. Beardies under 1 year of age typically don't brumate, unless they were born very early in the year. Some are easy to awaken, others are near impossible. They may start to slow down and eat less and less, be less and less active, and defecate less and less until they go into full blown brumation.

i don't think that mine is doing mine is 3 to 4 months old

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
do you feed right after the lights come on. if so wait they need to warm up and bask for a hr or so that will jump start there feeding response if they are warmed up

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i turn the light on at 600am feed at 630 i havc to leave the house for work by 700am this morning i got up and it was eating cricket that was left in his or her tank i use a infered light at night
i had left some green in bowl so the crickets would bite on that instead of dragon just got a cermic heater for the tank tonight instead of infered i hope it works
better then i just don't want to interrup it sleep with the red light

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ya i would try haveing the basking area come on sooner so hes good and warm when you feed and see what happens. Whats his basking area at as far as temp? Should be around 110

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
it get to 110 to 113 i can't see want it is right now not home sometime more than that im looking into changing to regular house hold light bulb someone on here said i can use i tried a 40 watt but it went up to 100 so i brought some 60w and 75w today but wanted to ask some if they can be soft white bulbs sometimes the light that i have from petstore get to be 116 0r 117 that why i want to change to regular bulb i just want want jessie needs i don't want anything to happen to her or him

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep color doesn't matter other then eye appeal you just looking for the heat.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
good im going to try the 60 watt tomorrow and if it doesn't keep it at the right temp then i will try the 75w

sillydylan

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my bearded dragon flame ate crickets the day i got him but still wont eat greens he is 16 months approximately

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Try stopping crickets for a few days and see if he will eat his greens

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i offer my green everyday won't eat them try again today musard green and turnip green and put some carrots in there put her or him in the bowl she licked them and then jump out

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
even if you dont feed them cricket. They will take live food over vedgies anyday i try to alternate salad one day live food the next some times both

sillydylan

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
mine just got big enough for superworms p.s. i only fed him a couple crickets today and he ate most of his lettuce ;)

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
mealworm are these worm that are small some one told me that superworms was just big mealworms

Latest posts