• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Flare spooked

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Well I was drilling something into the wall near the cage and I had the cage door open because I was just cleaning the vivs and flare was apparently terrified of something. She sprinted out of the cage onto my bed and then under my couch
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416088686.084510.jpg

I had fun retrieving her haha.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416088721.880651.jpg

Now she's super dark Colored :/ hopefully she gets over it quickly haha

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Ha, she looks MAD at you!
Because I lifted up my couch and she puffed up at me but I grabbed her anyway haha. She should be fine tomorrow hooked my fan to a timer so it runs from like 12-5 and when I checked the top cage was 95 and 85 but the bottom was like 85-80 so I put a higher watt bulb in the bottom and switched the basking side to the same side as top to bring them both up a little. Hopefully I figured it out

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
So many different websites with different numbers haha. I'm just going to take the average of them all and assume 100 is a good basking temp. The rocks like 110-115 cool sides are 82-86 depending if my fan is on or not haha.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
105 seems to be my magic number. Dexter's tank is actually a little on the warm side this weekend (110) on her basking spot but she never sits on it, she made her own little hideaway with her ledge and her turtle shell and she likes to hang out there. Every now and then she sticks her head up on top to get some heat.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Placing the 50w in both im sitting at 95-98 basking side and 84-87 cool side with the rock 110-115 they're both typically in the middle anyway

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
Last night at like 10 so lights were out I was watching tv and her flare rustling in the cage so me being nice went to cover her up with her little blanket thing. Well she freaked out majorly! Ran past my arm and out the cage I think she felt like something was trying to get her. She was still mad at me this morning
Too hahaha

Latest posts