• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time bearded dragon owner issue

Ryan Lester

Bearded Dragon Egg
About 3 days ago I had acquired a bearded dragon as a rescue and this is my first time owning one, I’ve been giving him kale for his greens and roaches and wax worms for protein, he’s in a 40 gallon breeder tank rn but they had I’m in a 20 gallon fish tank, he’s not eating much and he has a crack on his left elbow and a big growth on the right side of his neck but nothing seems narcotic.
upload_2019-12-20_0-8-19.jpeg
upload_2019-12-20_0-8-39.jpeg

Ryan Lester

Bearded Dragon Egg
And here’s what his tank I just went and bought today looks like

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-20_0-10-50.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-20_0-10-50.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

Ryan Lester

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m using a reptisun 10.0 uvb tube, and 100w exoterra heat lamp, for temps I’m using heat gun and his body temp whil basking is about 93 Fahrenheit

Ryan Lester

Bearded Dragon Egg
The tube is a t8 and for a gradient I have a hamok for him to get into, beside the Hamok I have a log that goes a little higher and closer to the lamp and then on the cool side I have a carved out log for him to hide and a food bowl, and his humidity at the time being is about 15%

LJZONUM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see anyone mention shedding. I’ve read that an adult will shed a couple times per year ... ours is only 5 months so I can’t speak with any experience for that, but ours sheds all the time at this age so he gets a bath a few times per week. We use warm, not too hot, water and let him soak until the water gets too cool. It helps soften up the outer layer, making it easier for them to shed that dead skin. I don’t pretend to be an expert, and recommend you do a little more research regarding bathing your new family member, but hopefully shedding skin is all it is!

Latest posts