• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally done with their tank !

Diaspora

Hatchling Dragon
Took me two weeks to build their decor
What do you guys think ? :D
I hope they will like it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427545135.040577.jpg

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It look great!!!! Its obvious you spent allot of time making it. Have you thought about adding a UVB tube light on the left , cool, side of the enclosure? It would benefit them by getting UVB while on the cool side & make it brighter. Just a thought.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It looks great!

Maybe you can help me with this debate I am having with my boyfriend. I want to build something for Luci's tank and I keep seeing this stuff built out of styrofoam and I think I can do it. My boyfriend doesn't like the idea, he thinks that it wouldn't be safe under the basking light because it's styrofoam. I tell him that it's covered with grout and that makes it okay. He thinks with all the grout and sealant and glue that it would then make it toxic under the heat.
Is he right or am I right?

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm not sure grout is toxic like that...I mean don't eat it, but once it's cured then it should be fine. Now I'm not too clear on the sealant, if you use actual grout sealer. I'm using watered down Titebond III Ulitmate, which clearly states non-toxic, waterproof for indoor/outdoor use, for the sealant after painting with non-toxic acrylic paint. It seems that if there were toxic issues, we'd definitely be hearing about it, since quite a few people are doing this. Let me tell you, that styrofoam, if you use the insulation one, is really dense and hard to cut through. Or I'm so weak it's not funny. And it dulls knifes, cutters, etc very quickly!

Diaspora

Hatchling Dragon
It look great!!!! Its obvious you spent allot of time making it. Have you thought about adding a UVB tube light on the left , cool, side of the enclosure? It would benefit them by getting UVB while on the cool side & make it brighter. Just a thought.

In fact, the light bulb i bought gives heat AND UVB :) It was clearly expensive but i don't have to change that lamp every 6 months... So in the end, i'm making economies :p

It looks great!

Maybe you can help me with this debate I am having with my boyfriend. I want to build something for Luci's tank and I keep seeing this stuff built out of styrofoam and I think I can do it. My boyfriend doesn't like the idea, he thinks that it wouldn't be safe under the basking light because it's styrofoam. I tell him that it's covered with grout and that makes it okay. He thinks with all the grout and sealant and glue that it would then make it toxic under the heat.
Is he right or am I right?

Well, I used as final varnish something with an eco-label (i honestly don't know how you say "Vernis (french)" in English). Therefore, it's not toxic for them.
The only thing i have to admit is that it's really annoying to clean up. They tend to poo everywhere, and since the smell is really awful, i let it dry before getting it out. But it leaves some kind of streak and it's pretty hard to have it perfectly cleaned up.
They never poo in the sand (how amazing are they?...) -_-'

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I noticed that with the magnetic ledges when I wipe the poop off of it it kinda hard to get it off because it has these little pores in it.

dragonwagon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pretty!

I'm all into the foam backgrounds. They are so easy. They aren't toxic either. Here's my first:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429818658.038202.jpg

I really like the foam because it absorbs the heat really nicely, making for some good hot spots.

Latest posts