• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female BD

TharpGirl

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm starting too get concerned her vent is very swollen , she isn't eating every day ? I did soak her she went poop , vent still is swollen she has had eggs last year , also does a red light need too be on 24 hours ? I have the uv light and calcium . Is it possible that her temperature isn't high enough ? And does she need a light on at light even a warming light ? I have a lot questions thank you really enjoy reading every ones comments . I even heard misting bearded dragon with water daily is needed is this true ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derbydragon77

Hatchling Dragon
I'm starting too get concerned her vent is very swollen , she isn't eating every day ? I did soak her she went poop , vent still is swollen she has had eggs last year , also does a red light need too be on 24 hours ? I have the uv light and calcium . Is it possible that her temperature isn't high enough ? And does she need a light on at light even a warming light ? I have a lot questions thank you really enjoy reading every ones comments . I even heard misting bearded dragon with water daily is needed is this true ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They need a uvb light and a basking light during the day for 12-14 hrs. At night they either need a coil heat emitter or a low temp heat mat, if the room gets below 70°. Having a light on day and night can throw them off and upset their schedule.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If there is some swelling you should take her to the vet. You should not be using a red bulb day or night. All colored bulbs hurt their eyes. During the day they need a UVB light and a white basking light. At night they need a ceramic heat emitter ONLY if the temps drop below 65 degrees. Heat mats are bad because they can't feel temperature on their belly and can easily get burned by not moving off of it when they get too hot.

At the bottom of my comments there are some great general information links that you should look over, I think they would really help you.

Latest posts