• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Your Dragon!!!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It seems everyone's dragon is not eating properly right at this time. I am feeding this way-babies are 5-6-months old. This doe's not apply to my younger baby. I feed in the am salad greens, pelletts, and a couple of worms and then 5-10-crix; And they seem to eat everything this way as opossed to salad and all crix-which they were leaving a lot of crix; for a few weeks now.and some mornings a grasshopper or a couple of worms, and all the above.At the supper feeding more salad, crix; and a couple of worms. I don't like feeding worms but at this time i feel a few won't hurt them any. At least there is something going into their tummies that i know are not too bad for them. I try to get the worms that are better quaility and more benifit for them-ie; silks. phoenix,hornworms.It seems the weather has a lot to do with their eating and not eating?? And everyone is thinking brumation.1-of my girls stayed on the cool side of her tank most of 1-day and then went to sleep on her cool side whitch is unusal for her and i wondered what happened.These babies sure love to cause us a lot of worries lol.hope this little bit may help someone who is wondering the same thing.river-7

Smeg_head_no1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah my ziggy is doing the same thing, but not eating at all... I have been syringe feeding him baby food and he seems so much happier now. Going to his heat source and staying awake for most of the day :) he was only staying awake for maybe an hour a day and then going back to sleep. I'm so happy to see he he is feeling better now and acting more himself :))

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; And Welcome to BDF; How old is your baby?? And what temps do you have for he/she? if h/s/ temps are not correct this would happen. Temps should be 110/hot side for a baby and 80-85- cool side. There is a lot of good info on the front of our forum that really helps us all please read and then come to all of us for any help you need and everyone will be willing to help you. And please do not use sand as a substrate for a young baby. Try putting his baby food in a dish as syringe is not really good for a new baby. Put a little on his nose and he will get the idea.Hope this helps you a little and others will be along shortly-and there is a 1-14-day adjustment period for new babies.They should be allowed to settle in their new homes, before trying new things with him. river-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just a little update; My babies are all back to eating good finally.Turns out Marcedes was in a big shed and Lil Beauty has her head in a full shed but she's eating. And Misty is back to eating well again as she would eat me normally =if i let her lol.So big worry all gone-river-7-aka-bella

Latest posts