• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeding outside home...

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Making it routine can take time, like Dragonsx6 said, ur going 2 have 2 be patient with this, all dragons are different. Keep us posted.

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
big success today! for breakfast I put Orion in with 9 (and I made darn sure it was 9 lol) crickets into his bin. I checked in 10 minutes later, only 2 left! so I put some more in and didnt touch them at all. so I guess it was full. hasnt ate much in a few days. probably stomach is tiny again thats why 7 is a good amount. also 6-7 is about the number it was eating in his tank before it went back up it's branch and had enough.
so I am happy again.

thanks for all your help

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he is I think about 10-12 weeks but I think closer to 12ish. about 8-9 inches long

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great news! Sounds like he's less stressed 2day :)

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How big are the crix you feeding him as he should be eating much more than that. The foods you offer him shouldnt be any bigger than the space between his eyes.
they are 1/2 size.. he has slayed some pretty beefy half size crix before with no problems.. had a nice big poop this morning too

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
that great i am glad that he is eating out of the tank my Jessie will be 14 weeks tomorrow old i take him and put him in another tank to feed and he is eating 18 to 21 crickets twice a day and i have even caught him eating his greens

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Even better news to announce! I just put in 12 crickets covered in cal dust and let him go at it. I came back after five minutes because he was wall dancing like mad and to my amazement, only one cricket was standing. 11!

I wonder why he left 1? mercy leave? lol

and I guess the wall dancing after feasting was his way of saying 'OK, Im done, now get me the heck out of here' lol

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Anyone notice if you put like 20 or so crickets in you're dragons feeding box they leave a couple? ? Orion does every time...mercy leaves? Lol

Latest posts