• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding my beardie

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I’ve a new dragon and so far she/he like crickets, Dubia, Phoenix worms, and prickly pear cactus.
Should I feed my beardie all of them at once or should it be like a 3 course meal?

And when dusting her food with Miner All which one should I dust?
I usually dust the crickets. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve a new dragon and so far she/he like crickets, Dubia, Phoenix worms, and prickly pear cactus.
Should I feed my beardie all of them at once or should it be like a 3 course meal?

And when dusting her food with Miner All which one should I dust?
I usually dust the crickets. Thanks
How old is the dragon? This will depend on the age for the supplements your feeding but yes you need to dust the insects please -- do not dust the Phoenix worms -- thats great she is eating the prickly pear cactus that is a good staple feeder -- I would add greens like mustard kale collard and turnip - I will post a website for you - ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How old is the dragon? This will depend on the age for the supplements your feeding but yes you need to dust the insects please -- do not dust the Phoenix worms -- thats great she is eating the prickly pear cactus that is a good staple feeder -- I would add greens like mustard kale collard and turnip - I will post a website for you - ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
He’s five inches from head to tip of tail. Not exactly sure how old he is. Maybe a couple months.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s five inches from head to tip of tail. Not exactly sure how old he is. Maybe a couple months.
Babies need calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - make sure you have a good UVB this is critical w/ calcium absorption - NO coils they are inadequate - you want a good long tube fixture I can post links for 3 good ones if you need them

Latest posts