• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeder Cost and more

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Have u tried locus they great foe little beardies u can get them reap small aswel. They pretty cheap aswel :)

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
No I have not, I'll have to look in to those. The pet shops around here basically carry crickets and super worms, mealworms, wax worms but that's about it.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
You can order them online aswel not sure how healthy they r or wot shippings like but my boys have always.had.them. For bugs i.think they pretty cute aswel and they dnt bite :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You can order them online aswel not sure how healthy they r or wot shippings like but my boys have always.had.them. For bugs i.think they pretty cute aswel and they dnt bite :)

I've never seen locusts for sale here in the states. I found a great "reptile only" store here in the city and they had dubia's. I got a few for Luci and Dexter and they aren't really impressed with them, which is okay because they completely creep me out! I've been trying to get Dexter to eat one since Sunday and she finally had one today but didn't care for another. Luci closes his eyes when I try to hand feed him but will eventually eat it out of a bowl.

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
They are much more nutritious than crickets. They have a way better meat-exo skeleton ratio. When I watch my dragon eat them they sound really crunchy. I honestly like watching my dragon devour them. They also have long intestinal track so they hold what they eat longer, makes gutloading more effective IMHO.

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Aww cool. My dragons went through more than half of what I ordered already. I'd have to have my own colony if I were to make it their main feeder. I think I will switch dubias then crickets back and forth. Dubias are about 2x price of crickets and half as many

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh i found that with the locus to crix ratio. U dnt get as many in the.box when they ge bigger u get around 14 but i alway hunt through the boxes to find the fuller 1s n i get 4 boxes 3 times a week. Diego eats a lot more than Boris. Boris prefers his salad Diego will eat everything in his viv :) but yeh feeders r quite expensive. I stick to the locus tho i really really.hate.crix n Boris had a few stuck behing his background n it took us ages to get.them out. Now we have theres.no way im puttin any more bak in there :)

Latest posts