• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fat or not

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Is Nibbles getting fat or is fat? I think he/she is a teenager or young adult in terms of age. I feel maybe Nibs is a tad husky but im not sure. At this age how much should Nibs be eating as far as the quantity of insects daily? I try to give 1 or 2 different feeders a day.
Staples are:
bsfl,crickers&roaches
Occasionally: hornworm
Rarely or treat: mealworm or waxworm
Another strange thing is Nibs doesnt seem to like fresh salad but instead when it gets crispy from dehydrating in the heat lamp. He'll pick at it or eat a little of it accidentally when i throw the bsfl in it but goes wild over it after its dehydrated a day in his enclosure. Am i doing smtg wrong or is it just how my weird lizard is? I rarely feed the feeder insects in enclosure with exception of Occasionally feeding bsfl in salad but even these i take Nibs out to eat. The salad is only food left in cage. Another strange thing Nibs does is he wont poop in his cage. When he has to go he starts scratching the front glass almost as if glass surfing til i take him out then he runs about for about a minute or 2 then goes doo doo on the floor. Does anybody elses do this. Why is mine so strange? Maybe i just have that survivors pet syndrome where i maybe had some expectations for this lizard to live up to from my last. I dunno but any thoughts would be great.

Attachments

• 20231215_124805-COLLAGE.jpg
    20231215_124805-COLLAGE.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is Nibbles getting fat or is fat? I think he/she is a teenager or young adult in terms of age. I feel maybe Nibs is a tad husky but im not sure. At this age how much should Nibs be eating as far as the quantity of insects daily? I try to give 1 or 2 different feeders a day.
Staples are:
bsfl,crickers&roaches
Occasionally: hornworm
Rarely or treat: mealworm or waxworm
Another strange thing is Nibs doesnt seem to like fresh salad but instead when it gets crispy from dehydrating in the heat lamp. He'll pick at it or eat a little of it accidentally when i throw the bsfl in it but goes wild over it after its dehydrated a day in his enclosure. Am i doing smtg wrong or is it just how my weird lizard is? I rarely feed the feeder insects in enclosure with exception of Occasionally feeding bsfl in salad but even these i take Nibs out to eat. The salad is only food left in cage. Another strange thing Nibs does is he wont poop in his cage. When he has to go he starts scratching the front glass almost as if glass surfing til i take him out then he runs about for about a minute or 2 then goes doo doo on the floor. Does anybody elses do this. Why is mine so strange? Maybe i just have that survivors pet syndrome where i maybe had some expectations for this lizard to live up to from my last. I dunno but any thoughts would be great.
Nibs looks good --- I have heard of other dragons liking the dehydrated salads rather fresh moist ones w/ that being said make sure you keep him hydrated by other means -- most get their water from the fresh salad that has been rinsed -- and yes its normal for some to take a poop on the floor or couch etc --- I had one that went on the couch so I was always ready w/ the paper towels placed underneath them

Latest posts