• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

eye bulging

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
So I have noticed that after bath time my beardie tends to bulge her eyes out. When she does this she's usually under her basking light immediately after bath time!
I wonder if maybe she is trying to stretch and dry her eye lids after a bath?
This is the only time I ever see her bulge her eyes.
Has anyone else noticed theirs doing this?

Bianca Brown

Juvenile Dragon
My Lily done that but it was a while back and i was freaking out but then a couple days later the Skin by her Eyes was shedding. She was streching her skin when she done that.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
My Lily done that but it was a while back and i was freaking out but then a couple days later the Skin by her Eyes was shedding. She was streching her skin when she done that.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply! :) I guess it's normal, as long as it isn't persistent!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol yea it's always a bit freaky when you see them do this for the first time... yep stretching that eye skin to prep for shedding

Latest posts