• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
Is a 75 gallon glass tank a good size for an adult beardie. 48x18x21
If I use glass tank is a 150watt basking bulb and a 24inch tube uvb what I would need.
Cover the back and sides with decoration paper. And then put tile or different textures on bottom for flooring ok?
Currently have a 40 gal tank and feel we need to increase

Attachments

• 17038005428428237475484200317186.jpg
    17038005428428237475484200317186.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is a 75 gallon glass tank a good size for an adult beardie. 48x18x21
If I use glass tank is a 150watt basking bulb and a 24inch tube uvb what I would need.
Cover the back and sides with decoration paper. And then put tile or different textures on bottom for flooring ok?
Currently have a 40 gal tank and feel we need to increase
75 is good but if you can I would go w/ a 4x2x2 -- the UVB is good for both the 75 and 120 gallon tanks - your need 2 digital probe thermometers if you dont have them already that is going to tell you what wattage you need - 95-100 surface basking temps - tile is good they can get hard on the joints so if you can do part tile for keeping the nails down thats good - you want textured ceramic tile - nothing coarse it will cause abrasions and nothing smooth so hes slipping all over - rub your hand on the tile at the store - I use the Zen Habitat mats that fit perfect in the 4x2x2 tanks w/ 2 pieces of tile running width wise in the center of the tank -- decorative paper is fine but place on the outside of the tank --
Update on the dragon please

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
75 is good but if you can I would go w/ a 4x2x2 -- the UVB is good for both the 75 and 120 gallon tanks - your need 2 digital probe thermometers if you dont have them already that is going to tell you what wattage you need - 95-100 surface basking temps - tile is good they can get hard on the joints so if you can do part tile for keeping the nails down thats good - you want textured ceramic tile - nothing coarse it will cause abrasions and nothing smooth so hes slipping all over - rub your hand on the tile at the store - I use the Zen Habitat mats that fit perfect in the 4x2x2 tanks w/ 2 pieces of tile running width wise in the center of the tank -- decorative paper is fine but place on the outside of the tank --
Update on the dragon please
So zen habitats has this one for this price. Could put tile on sides or back to dress it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228_162135_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231228_162135_Samsung Internet.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 29

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So zen habitats has this one for this price. Could put tile on sides or back to dress it up.
I would not tile the sides - these tanks are very light and easy to move- those are bamboo sides and flooring- when moving you need to remove the tile so don't grout or seal it- cut the tile w/ a tile saw so you don't get jagged edges if you tiling the whole tank-- I would not I recommend the mat zen sells-

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
I would not tile the sides - these tanks are very light and easy to move- those are bamboo sides and flooring- when moving you need to remove the tile so don't grout or seal it- cut the tile w/ a tile saw so you don't get jagged edges if you tiling the whole tank-- I would not I recommend the mat zen sells-
OH that makes sense. Do you have a zen habitat? If so can you send a pic. The black floor mats you do not recommend?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OH that makes sense. Do you have a zen habitat? If so can you send a pic. The black floor mats you do not recommend?
No the black floor mats I do recommend --- its the tiling of the whole tank I dont recommend

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts