• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eggs, chicken, etc...

Waffles

Bearded Dragon Egg
I made a separate thread for this b/c it involves some unusual foods perhaps for beardies. These questions came up at a family dinner one night when we were concerned for our new dragon since the pet store kept selling out of crickets.

Since beardies are omniverous, and can eat their own eggs, can they eat chicken eggs? I don't mean the whole thing at one time. More like a hard boiled egg, so no butter or other additives. Peel, chop, eat.

How about chicken asked one kid. LOL But if it's plain grilled chicken, is there a reason why not?

And our last question involves a youtube video during which a BD ate a scorpion. If they can eat scorpions, why can't he eat spiders. I really don't have an answer for that!

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say! This new world of beardies is amazing! I am super cautious with our Waffles' diet. I just want to stay informed so I know what is OK and what is not.

Thanks so much!
Christine

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Christine; There is a great diet sheet at the beginning of the forum and i suggest to take a look at that=Most of us follow it very closely.Then come back with all your questions/a lot of your questions will be answered in there. But have a read and then come back with questions and we will all try to help out. And only want the best for your dragon baby 'Waffles'. We like pic's too.Hope this helps you a little-others will be on shortly-river-7

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And our last question involves a youtube video during which a BD ate a scorpion. If they can eat scorpions, why can't he eat spiders. I really don't have an answer for that!
There is an awful lot of crap shown on 'YouTube' that should never be done to these Beautiful Creatures.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've tried giving Allie chicken once-she didn't like it at all. Nor did she like the piece of egg. (So no chicken or eggs because she doesn't like them.)

She does love some fresh roasted turkey on Thanksgiving. (Once a year on Thanksgiving.)

I feed the 'green' vegetables more than the black ones and blue ones. Every now and then, I'll give her a banana, blackberry, strawberry, or blueberry.

Latest posts