• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

egg help needed

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what is the right way to have the eggs in the vermeculite? like do i just set them on top? do i bury them completely? or should i bury them a little and have the vemec very lightly covering them? haveing slight humidity issues with my 4 eggs not sure how to fix it or if im doing it totaly right :confused:plz help

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can anyone with a lot of breeding/egg experience weigh in on jynx's question? I'm not positive on dragon eggs - the eggs I've incubated I just let sit on the substrate... I would definitely address the humidity issue though!

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did u get your humidity level corrected yet? What kind of incubator are you using?

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok i have i humdity meter in there and it reads 70% all the time. but the egg thats was sitting just on the top dryed out to a rock within a couple weeks. she laid more and i have 1 maybe 2 eggsout of the 4 that i have lightly covered with the vermeculite mix and it is looking great. it is on day 13 as of today for the fisrt good looking egg and day 10 for the other good looking one and no color changes and it is still semi soft like it is supposed to be. the others i cant say the same for as of yet :(

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If the humidity is staying at 70, that's a good thing. What do you have the temp set at?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
dbl check your temp on you incubator i have the same one and it is 11 degrees off.

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have been checking it theses past couple days and it ranges from 80-86 degrees then the fan or the heater will kick on and get it back between 82-84 range. so far egg number one is doing really good. it has even grown a little bit

if it is off like Brett's inc there any way to reset it so it is correct? just curious

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No there isn't i called the manufacturer and they told me to ship it to them and they would fix it but kinda hard to do when its full of eggs. So now that i know haw far off it is i just adjust accordingly

PôřkÇhöp

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Is the humidity gauge laying flat on a shelf or is it vertical on the side of the 'bator? And, did you soak the vermiculite in hot water and then drain or is it dry??

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i ahve the humidity gauge vertical sitting against the back in the container near the eggs and yes i did soak and drain the vermeculite with hot water. i put a ne temp gauge in the incubator lastnight and i had it set for 83 but the ttemp gauge i put in was reading 76 so i ajusted the incubator and now the temp gauge inside reads 83.2 in the incubator.

Steph09

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My dragon laid 16 eggs last nite we have put them in a incubator bt the eggs have dipped is this normal?

Steph09

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They have gone a bit saggy on the top iv checked temp n humidity n they seem fine

Latest posts