• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating too much?

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
How many crickets is a normal amount to give to an 18 in. dragon each day? My Rocky still eats about 30 crickets every day (15 at each feeding) plus a bowl of greens. He's not fat by any means but, everyone is always surprised when I tell them how many I feed him. He would probably even eat more if I let him. The pig.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is quite Normal, I would generally limit mine to 30-35 appropriate sized crix\day, if they wanted that many. Who might 'Everyone' be, that is always surprised at the amount.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
the pet store where I buy them... they sales person has said to other customers "she gets 500 crickets every week and a half!" on several occasions, or something along those lines. Anyone who sees Rocky and asks 'what does he eat, like 10 crickets a day?'... people have made comments on facebook when I post pics of him.... Well, he's healthy, I know that. Haven't had the chance to weigh him, but he is 18 inches long now. He was only 5.5 inches when we got him 8 months ago (July).... :)

Latest posts