• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating... Dead skin

Diaspora

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone!
So, didn't really know where to put this..
My female beardie eats my male's dead skin (just shed), although there is plenty of food...
Any idea if this is bad, harms her?
I clean regularly the tank but still, can't be there all the time :/
Thanks !

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
My dog ate Precious's whole arm shed the other day, I couldn't believe he did that lol! Then he was searching the floor as if he was looking for more! Precious, a long time ago, went for a piece of her shed but then quickly spit it out and then stared at it for 10 mins as if she was saying “what the heck was that?!”

Jdubclark

Hatchling Dragon
Timely discussion! Mine just went through his first big shed and I was noticing him going around and scooping up some of the smaller pieces this morning. I told him it was rather gross, but he reminded me that he eats roaches so...

Latest posts