• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Droopy bottom eye lids - is it normal for some?

yellowrosesATX

Bearded Dragon Egg
I realized our new Beardie has droopy bottom eye lids, she arrived that way but being new I didn't realize it until last night. Tonight I decided to compare to other pics and her's are definitely droopy. She is active, eats REALLY well, growing (already noticeably after less that a week - 9" long, hatched 5/24/14, 42 grams), poops twice daily, looks normal and in every other way seems fine.

I found several postings where people said their dragons are the same and saw multiple pics that look identical to her's, all said some are just this way. I have no intention of breeding and couldn't care less so long as she is healthy and happy but want to make sure it isn't something I should worry about. I do not believe it is dehydration, I am bathing her every other day since she is getting ready to shed and she is eating up to 59 appropriately sized (3/8" to 1/2") crickets and now 30 (1/4" to 1/2" dubia) per day. She isn't eating much in the way of veggies though. I am keeping a bit of water in her viv, though small amounts to keep the humidity levels right.

I read a ton and prepared everything in advance of purchase. Lighting with basking light (105 hot side, 80 cool side) 10.0 3' long Reptisun UV light. 4 x 2 x 2 foot viv. slate on the floor, no sand or anything else that may hurt her. I am attaching a pic of 1 day after arrival and would appreciate any suggestions. Is this normal for some dragons?

Attachments

• DSCF2173.JPG
    DSCF2173.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 63

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It will change as he gets older. Luci had that when he was younger, they made him look sad. As he's gotten bigger they aren't as noticable.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Its usually caused by dehydration. See if you can drip some water on her nose and get her to drink or alternatively spray water on her face with a fine mister. One or both should get it to drink.

Latest posts