• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Driftwood question

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
I'm currently getting driftwood from varies places and im wondering how i can find out if their pine or cedar sense ive heard they are toxic to bearded dragons. I'm able to post pictures as well.

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
I'm currently getting driftwood from varies places and im wondering how i can find out if their pine or cedar sense ive heard they are toxic to bearded dragons. I'm able to post pictures as well.
You can smell pine and cedar even in driftwood, at least I can. Lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
I'm sorry. Mine is too well developed and I would gladly trade you.

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
I'm sorry. Mine is too well developed and I would gladly trade you.

I know you can tell cedar by taking a piece off with a knife. If it is reddish in color, avoid it.

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
18920229_1289506344480344_6854133260741759462_n.jpg

this is the drift wood piece im looking at using

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
Definitely not cedar. Might be cypress. Hard to tell. Can you take a pic of its base? I can tell more from that. Also, you will need to boil it to kill the fungus growing on it.

Latest posts