• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon is digging a lot. What does he need?

Paddy2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is a one year old male. He is scratching at his enclosure a ton. What does he need? He seems to want to hide. Yesterday I found him under his green substrate floor in his enclosure. When I got him out to run around, he ran around for a bit before finding a place to hide. He pooped yesterday. He eats super worms and kale. He doesn’t want to drink water ever, he prefers I do a dropper of water for him.

Attachments

• 71701669644__10E7A4F3-DD56-44E8-A25F-945656444E43.jpeg
    71701669644__10E7A4F3-DD56-44E8-A25F-945656444E43.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is a one year old male. He is scratching at his enclosure a ton. What does he need? He seems to want to hide. Yesterday I found him under his green substrate floor in his enclosure. When I got him out to run around, he ran around for a bit before finding a place to hide. He pooped yesterday. He eats super worms and kale. He doesn’t want to drink water ever, he prefers I do a dropper of water for him.
Are you sure the dragon is a male? A lot of digging could be the dragon is female and gravid-- Another reason what size is the tank? Do you have a hide for the dragon? Super worms are treat worms and not a staple insect--- you want to be feeding crickets dubia roaches I recommend those BSFL or silk worms - kale is a great staple feeder but I would offer more variety -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale its outdated info --what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them? NO analogs they are inaccurate --- UVB coil or a long tube fixture? Please post a pic of the dragons vent facing camera w/ the tail in the air to determine sex if your not sure --- place the dragon on a kitchen table

Paddy2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you sure the dragon is a male? A lot of digging could be the dragon is female and gravid-- Another reason what size is the tank? Do you have a hide for the dragon? Super worms are treat worms and not a staple insect--- you want to be feeding crickets dubia roaches I recommend those BSFL or silk worms - kale is a great staple feeder but I would offer more variety -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale its outdated info --what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them? NO analogs they are inaccurate --- UVB coil or a long tube fixture? Please post a pic of the dragons vent facing camera w/ the tail in the air to determine sex if your not sure --- place the dragon on a kitchen table

Attachments

• IMG_6468.jpeg
    IMG_6468.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6469.jpeg
    IMG_6469.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6470.jpeg
    IMG_6470.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get the uvb unobstructed - the screen is blocking 30% of the uvb rays - a piece of basking decor needs to be directly under it approx 12-15 inches - your dragon is female - please get her a dig box - she maybe gravid - I will post what you can use -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get the uvb unobstructed - the screen is blocking 30% of the uvb rays - a piece of basking decor needs to be directly under it approx 12-15 inches - your dragon is female - please get her a dig box - she maybe gravid - I will post what you can use -
LAYBOX

Plain topsoil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

Paddy2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Paddy usually has a large hammock that stretches across the enclosure, but we took it out today to put that box to hide in.

Paddy2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
LAYBOX

Plain topsoil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.
Where does one purchase top soil that is chemical free and sand?

rubybird

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little Ruby was doing the same thing so I just helped her and now she's just sleeping on my shoulder and comes up for droppers full of a mixture of super green powder the repto boost formula electrolyte drink and I give it to her until she's done and she'll produce a bowel every other day she goes right back to sleep it's because they're going throug brumation from the weather . You have to maintain the temperature and the light your little guy needs a dark place try putting a blanket in the cage over

Latest posts