• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Don't know what to do :(

Lazo818

Hatchling Dragon
I been feeding my boy pure worms for the past week and a couple days because I had no crickets . But now that I have crickets he won't eat them -.- If i offer a super he would gobble it I'm guessing he prefers supers but I want to give him crickets how can I get him to eat crickets again! Thanks..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Try switching it up alternate between crickets and worms, maybe throw in another kind of bug too. It took my boy months to get back to crickets. He still prefers supers and horn worms but I can get him to eat crickets a few days a week.

Lazo818

Hatchling Dragon
Should I stop feeding supers for a bit or atleast 2 supers a day to not make the poor guy starve

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Don't stop feeding the worms. Dragons will go through periods of not wanting something ie crickets. Try dubia, horn worms, and more greens.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I second the dubia. Mine live them but dont seem to like crickets.

Lazo818

Hatchling Dragon
He loves greens he's ate some crickets today but not as much as before. How long can supers live for? I have 400 plus but will cut down on them for a bit not completely but just a couple a day ! And i want to feed him dubias but there so darn expensive

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Worms are sort of like bacon. Lizards love them because they are high in fat and require almost no effort to eat. Remember you are talking about an animal that is adapted to expending as little energy as possible in the wild. Just because they now live in a tank doesnt mean their instincts go away. So when you bring out the crickets with all that hopping around and much lower fat content, your dragon kind of acts like the pudgy kid you offer some salad. No thanks, Ill wait for the bacon! ;)

Cut back on the worms to where he actually gets hungry again and he'll eat whatever you put in front of him.

Lazo818

Hatchling Dragon
Lol that made me laugh , yah that's what i been doing I'm leaving him 2 supers on top of his greens and that's All he eats until the afternoon and its working because by then he's hungry

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
I was feeding the dragons greens and super worms. Then I read you're not supposed to give super worms until the dragons are adults. So I stopped giving them the supers and somehow I ended up buying a tub of horn worms instead of the Phoenix worms (long story short the store didn't have the Phoenix like it said it did) on Saturday. I gave each a horn worm and they loved it. I bought small crickets Monday night out of desperation and they ate it all. I I don't know whether or not to buy large crickets because the first time I tried feeding them crickets they wanted nothing to do with them and I ended up having to throw away about a 1000 crickets. I may just end up buying like 20 and ordering the Phoenix and Dubia online.

Lazo818

Hatchling Dragon
1000 crickets thrown away omg lol what a waist . Is that true u can't feed your dragon super until adult ? Mine is still a juvi but he seems fine eatin them and other people feed there juvi supers too

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
I didn't mind throwing the crickets away. They smelled like amonia. I read dragons can be fed supers when adults. If that's incorrect, I'll gladly feed Peaches & Cream supers.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I started feeding mine supers when he was about 6 months and was about 13 inches or so. I started him with medium supers and he handled them pretty well. Now he's almost 10 months and he's been eating the large ones. As long as they are well hydrated they shouldn't have any issues with impaction. That goes with all feeders. I have to say he has had a few times where he didn't poop for a few days (he goes everyday) but just gave him a good soak and dropped some water on the tip of his nose and he was fine. Hydration is the key!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have to say though that I do mix up his routine. He will eat supers, horn worms and has started eating crickets again. So he gets a little variety. He doesn't really care for dubias.

Lazo818

Hatchling Dragon
I feed my guy large supers and he about 7 months old :eek: he poop came out green this morning is that good ? And it's not normal poop he's been poopin watery stacked up poop what could it be

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The most likely reason for his poop being green is that he ate a lot of his salad...which isn't a bad thing. Sounds like he's well hydrated.

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
My son's dragons are about three or four months old and are about 10-11 inches long. They didn't have any problems with impacts when I was feed them supers.

Latest posts