• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Doesn't Like Outside? Help!

JawsTheSheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I took my Beardie outside in the backyard for the first time, and all she did was sit there puffing up her beard and turning black!! I stroked her back a bit and picked her up, and she calmed back down. Everytime I put her back down on the grass she'd get angry again!

Does anyone else have this problem? What do I do about it?

Thanks! :)

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
Apollo had the same reaction the first time I took him outside. Now I just let him hang out on me and he's never puffed since, though I havent tried putting him down either.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's new and scary. Ease her into it bit by bit. Lay down on the grass and let her lie on your hand. Let her be close to your body - she knows that. She's puffing her beard to show how tough she is to scare the baddies away. Go slowly – she'll get there.

Latest posts