• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diy tank

Tatertot

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey yall. Building a new tank for tater tot. Is osb chill to use? Or do u need plywood? Also if I used osb what do I seal it with? And I'm also doing a spray foam backround.. should I use dyeloc or grout to seal it? And do I cover the dryloc/grout with a diff sealant.... sorry for so many questions....I js don't want to do it wrong...

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey yall. Building a new tank for tater tot. Is osb chill to use? Or do u need plywood? Also if I used osb what do I seal it with? And I'm also doing a spray foam backround.. should I use dyeloc or grout to seal it? And do I cover the dryloc/grout with a diff sealant.... sorry for so many questions....I js don't want to do it wrong...
I am going to have someone help you on this --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me check if not I will repost again to them
Yep here is the response I got
OSB should be OK to use. I'd just seal it with a few coats of polyurethane or paint it. I'm not sure about the foam. I've never worked with that before. I've read in the DIY section that people seem to like mod podge for sealing.

Latest posts