• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diet Questions?

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have an adult bearded dragon that I bought from someone who was not taking too good of care of him. I have had him for a couple months now and so far I have just been feeding him large crickets dusted with calcium regularly but I'm not sure what kinds of greens and worms to feed him also. I know I should be feeding him greens but I'm not sure what kinds and how often. I'm also not sure what worms are good for him or even how to feed him them really. Please advise :)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
There is a beautiful dragons diet section you can look up. and welcome to BDF; in the meantime you can give him collard greens, dandelion greens, mustard greens, they are the 4-best ones for your dragon you can give it in a dish or just put it in his tank and see which way he likes it.He can have horn worms and silk worms, super worms, and phoenix worms are all good for him.some people use tweezers[you can buy them in any pet shop.Some people feed meal worms but they would be last on my list as I don't feed them. I have 2-babies and they are too young.How old is your dragon??

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm not sure exactly how old he is. He is full grown though. The person I got him from did not give me much information and his environment was pretty neglected. He seems to be doing well though:)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; sorry for late response; but at his age he should be eating lots of salads so more salads I believe 80% salad and 20% bugs but good you're feeding him if you got him after bad conditions. Good luck with him and does he have a name?? And questions we will be happy to help you with- pic's are nice too.river-7

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi; sorry for late response; but at his age he should be eating lots of salads so more salads I believe 80% salad and 20% bugs but good you're feeding him if you got him after bad conditions. Good luck with him and does he have a name?? And questions we will be happy to help you with- pic's are nice too.river-7

I can't decide on a name for him yet! I will upload pics just as soon as I can remember lol