• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dewey - My Dew Man

MandyH

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just wanted to share some pictures of my sweet boy Dewey. I lost him on 12/12/13 at the young age of 4 years old. We still don’t know what was wrong with him for sure. He started having seizures, but none of his blood tests or xrays confirmed the cause. He went downhill very quickly until I felt that he had enough. The light in his eyes was gone and he had stopped eating (aside from being fed via syringe). He was even having a hard time sleeping at night. I just knew it was time to set him free.

I had him since he was a little baby and had the honor of watching him grow up into a handsome young man. He was an awesome first beardie to get me hooked. He was very mellow and loved to cuddle. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss him. :(

Now on to some pics to show my sweet Dew Man off.

Here are some baby shots shortly after I got him home.

A little bit older here. Dewey LOVED his bath time. I started out with really shallow water, but soon saw how much he enjoyed to swim so I gradually made it deeper and deeper for him. He had a blast! The dog in this photo is my boxer Riley who I also lost on 10.22.11 to cardiomyopathy.

Turning into quite the juvie! He always had a bit of a black beard. Even when he had his “happy colors on”, his beard was always some shade of black.

My all time favorite picture of him.

Cuddle time!

Some more recent pics taking over the last year.

Don’t mind the pink girlie blankie. He had pooped o his blue one so I had to use what was available.

This was taken during his last bath the day before I let him go. As I said above he loved to swim. At this point, he was so tired and so weak he refused to let go of my hand when I put him in the water. This photo is one of my favorites. Although it’s incredibly sad to know this was his last bath, I love how it shows our bond.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Awww! Thank you for showing your pics and your story with us. He certainly went from a cute little peeling dew to a very handsome big dew man. I am so sorry for your loss. It was so good you had that time near the end together doing something he enjoyed so (bathtime).

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Such a sad time for you I repeat atochats thanks for sharin he was lovely look forward to seein your new dragonxx heres a pic to cheer you my specs at seven months lovin his bath:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388398055006.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388398055006.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 47

MandyH

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks guys! I do miss him so much more than I thought I ever would. I knew I'd miss him, but even I was surprised by how much. I had no idea how deep your love for a reptile could go.

I am in search of my next beardie. I have narrowed it down to 4 breeders, all reputable from what I'm reading online. I just have to wait until after 3/8/14 because I have a trip planned and won't be coming home until then. I'd rather not stress a baby out by having to board it or having someone else care for it. In the meantime I'm revamping the viv to make it a nice new home for the baby. :)

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Believe me...I understand about "missing a lizard". Mine could do no wrong. He was my little cuddle bug. He would fall asleep on my chest and loved being outside. He loved bathtime too. They're more than just lizards. They're family.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your pictures, sometimes it helps with the grieving process to share his life with others that understand what you are going through. He looks like he was real special. That last bath photo had me crying, it was like he was saying goodbye.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
These never fail to make me cry:'(. Im very sorry you lost your little one so soon. He clearly loved you very much. And the bath photo shows it all.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They steal our hearts. Thanks for sharing your memories

Latest posts