• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CRUSH

Reza

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That's a safari Ltd mountain dragon! Love there stuff. And looks like your dragon does too.

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
I have a question. Sorry I'm not trying to derail your thread. I notice you have 3 light fixtures. One is heat the other is uvb. What is the 3rd. I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I can't say for the OP but I know I use 4 light fixtures in my enclosures (4'x2'x2')
I have a uvb T5, a heat lamp for basking (same side as T5UVB), a night heat lamp CHE, and a lamp with a CFL for even lightning on the other side.
In the post it looks like one of the lamps is off so my GUESS would be the third is a night heat supplemental lamp. But again i cant really say as all I can go on is the pics. Lol

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
I can't say for the OP but I know I use 4 light fixtures in my enclosures (4'x2'x2')
I have a uvb T5, a heat lamp for basking (same side as T5UVB), a night heat lamp CHE, and a lamp with a CFL for even lightning on the other side.
In the post it looks like one of the lamps is off so my GUESS would be the third is a night heat supplemental lamp. But again i cant really say as all I can go on is the pics. Lol
Thanks. I don't seem to need a heat lamp. I've checked the tank just before the light goes on for the day and it's about 70*

Reza

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I actually have 4 light fixtures now. Heat light, UVB, CHE, and a regular bulb to light up the dark area of the tank.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I actually have 4 light fixtures now. Heat light, UVB, CHE, and a regular bulb to light up the dark area of the tank.

Are you using a MVB or a compact bulb for UVB?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Read the info in my signature about lighting. You really want your UVB light to cover 2/3's of your tank and get down far enough in your tank to reach your dragon. You are really only going to get that with a tube style bulb or a MVB.

Reza

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Read the info in my signature about lighting. You really want your UVB light to cover 2/3's of your tank and get down far enough in your tank to reach your dragon. You are really only going to get that with a tube style bulb or a MVB.
That's exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU!

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
Are mvb bulbs only good for advanced skills? I've read that somewhere. I have a cfl uvb bulb. It came with a dual socket fixture in the medzoo startup tank for bearded dragons

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are mvb bulbs only good for advanced skills? I've read that somewhere. I have a cfl uvb bulb. It came with a dual socket fixture in the medzoo startup tank for bearded dragons

Sorry, I didn't get to this sooner, been really sick. I've heard MVB bulbs are for more experienced owners too. With MVB bulbs you should get a dimmer switch so you can adjust the temps and they don't turn on and off when they over heat.

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry, I didn't get to this sooner, been really sick. I've heard MVB bulbs are for more experienced owners too. With MVB bulbs you should get a dimmer switch so you can adjust the temps and they don't turn on and off when they over heat.
Awe. I hope you are feeling better! I think I'll just stick to a regular heat bulb. I was really trying to give my Beardy uva/uvb and heat in his basking spot since he spends 85% of his day there

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe. I hope you are feeling better! I think I'll just stick to a regular heat bulb. I was really trying to give my Beardy uva/uvb and heat in his basking spot since he spends 85% of his day there

And really you will be just fine with the basking bulb then the UVB bulb, with those and the greens/bugs your beardie will do just fine..

Latest posts