• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crosses

mama

Hatchling Dragon
Are there any crosses/lines that have known health issues?? There is a breeder that is selling HYPO CITRUS LAVENDER BLOOD TIGER F X ORANGE/DARK RED GG W. BLUISH BARS. I don't care about color, the price is reasonable...if we do decide to buy I just don't want to get something with any known problems. Thanks!!

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The only beardies I've heard rumors about that sometimes have medical issues, etc.. are belgian beardies.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The hardiest BDs in my opinion are true 'Normals', which are hard to find these days. This is not to say that Morphs are not healthy or should not be purchased, simply that 'Normal BDs' were much hardier creatures, before many Breeders started playing 'God' with genetics through inline breeding, etc. to produce the different morphs & color lines.

mama

Hatchling Dragon
That makes sense!! It is amazing what happens when you start messing with something that doesn't need 'fixed' or 'improved upon'

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The hardiest BDs in my opinion are true 'Normals', which are hard to find these days. This is not to say that Morphs are not healthy or should not be purchased, simply that 'Normal BDs' were much hardier creatures, before many Breeders started playing 'God' with genetics through inline breeding, etc. to produce the different morphs & color lines.
Hey Germ, What do you mean "Normals"? I believe mine is a normal. But how can I tell, I'm not exactly sure what they look like.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Germ is right, true normals are about nonexistant now days, but are distinguished by more or less gray and tan colors with bland patterns. Even my "normal" has some citrus tiger in him

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have 2 normals keeping me now, Sandy (7 yo) & Dinah (8 yo), both females here are a couple of pics ...

Sandy
After%20Bath%2004%2011%20027.jpg

Dinah
MixedBDs036.jpg

And here is a pic of my very first BD when he was a baby, who is a true normal, is now a healthy 10+ years old & keeping my niece.

Drago%201st%20003%20(800%20x%20600).jpg

Don't know if that helps any, but that is what mine look like.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i believe that my beardie is normal. i also believe every bd is normal as long as you don't breed with another species. if you think about it beardies or more regular than domesticated dogs if you think about the only thing is that people took a bd with alot of colors and bred it to another. i believe that if people chose beardies with good colorations but also took in the size and length of the dragon and not just if the dragon has good colors it would be a alot better dragons. i think that the only dragons that aren't normal is when people breed dragons that are family or breed dragons that aren't healthy. if we could breed for coloration and size it would stop the market from being so saturated with dragons

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i only got one normal if any. and that would be honey bee. but his daddy was part citrus so he would still be the closest thing to a normal i have

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Somebody needs to breed a Water Dragon and Bearded Dragon and come up with a Interesting Species. Or maybe a bird...haha Flying Bearded Dragons..any takers?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
aleena it was suppose to be a joke
I know it was :) that was my response to the joke (my blank look after my husband has told a joke usually gets good reviews, doesn't translate so well to forum I guess). Suppose I probably shouldn't have done that, I think there's something in the rules against using character replies instead of actually replying.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
its okay tell ur husband at least we get the same treatment he does u can use that if he ever says you are pay more attention to that forum more than u do to me lol i got your back wayyyy back lol:)
ROFL! You're awesome, Spikeleebd.

Latest posts