• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket Shortage?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone! I recently read an article that said there is a cricket shortage all over the nation...has anyone else noticed that they are having a harder time finding crickets in stores? I get my crickets from Petsmart and they have been running low recently for awhile and I was just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem?

RyanHuff20

Hatchling Dragon
My local petsmart ran out of large crickets last week and ran out of small crickets this week, it's very unsettling ):

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi: BB; I have found no difference but going today to the shop i go to and will let you know for sure; I also have a large supply of coloured pelletts in case of something like this=but BB; i live in Canada so may be a little different-hope this helps you some-I know in the past month there has been a difference in sizes of crix; ie; mediums being very tiny;river-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; BB; Just got back from supplier for crix; and there was not shortage at my supplier, but there is a shortage on silkworms there. Hope that helps you some but don't forget i am in Canada. River-7

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well seeing as how much crickets cost in pet stores, I found a place near home that sells them at a much better price and you can get a ton! Southern Wholesale Crickets. http://www.southerncricket.com I'm a definite believer of their resources and they ship too. Very friendly place, in case you need to order online. Hope that helps :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Well seeing as how much crickets cost in pet stores, I found a place near home that sells them at a much better price and you can get a ton! Southern Wholesale Crickets. http://www.southerncricket.com I'm a definite believer of their resources and they ship too. Very friendly place, in case you need to order online. Hope that helps :)
Have you bought any crickets from this place?? My problem is keeping them alive.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've been buying from them for at least a year now. They are truly knowledgeable in what they do and are super friendly. I haven't ordered from their site, but called them to pick up since they are so close :)

Latest posts