• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket feeders

dbarks88

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm debating whether to get a cricket feeder for my dragon. When I put them in they run away too quick for her to catch and hide in branches. Was wondering which would be better, exo terra termite hill or the exo terra feeding rock? The feeding rock is almost half in price so was wondering what difference was? Purely just the look?

Pat B

Super Moderator
How old is your BD? If she is little then your enclosure should be very simple. Can you post a picture? You mention branches....I would remove them so the feeders don't have a place to hide. The more 'stuff' in her enclosure gives the feeders more places to hide.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't recommend 'Cricket Feeders' at all, all they are is a dark place for the crix to hide in until the lights are out, then being nocturnal, they will come out & nibble on your BD, bother it's sleep, in extreme cases cause sores\lesions. There generally are enough hide-outs for them in an enclosure during the day, the trick is not to provide daytime hiding spots & be sure to remove any uneaten ones a couple of hours prior to lights out, to allow the digestion process to begin before the night cool down. Not to specifically provide a hiding spot for them, in the form of a Cricket Feeder.

Pat's recommendation is a very good one. The K.I.S.S. method (Keep It Simple Stupid :p ) is always the best for BDs. All the extra 'Fluff' is for our benefit & Eye Candy, not necessarily with the BD's best interests in mind.

dbarks88

Bearded Dragon Egg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365327761.671329.jpg
I was planning on only putting it in for feeding time so they don't run away quickly. Then before lights out take it back out. Attached is pic, so I should take stuff out? Not sure how old she is, I think about 8/9 months

Pat B

Super Moderator
Yes....I would definitely remove stuff. Those green leaves are a great place for feeders to hide. I took mine out, all I had to do was shake the greenery and crix would fall out. Beardies like it simple. I do like those logs....nice place for basking!

Latest posts