• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

concerned with beardies nails

jzbrooklyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have two bearded dragons names mochi and Ryu. i’ve been here before and i’ve had them for more or less than 2 years. My smallest, Ryu, has something with her nails that just don’t sit right with me. i do not ROUTINELY cut their nails but i do indeed cut them. As i go to cut Ryus nails, they looked a little funny to me. i can be over reacting as i’m scared to even leave them alone sometimes. Pictures/videos will be posted, any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you.
-edit- realized i can’t post videos, i have some if someone’s wants them dm’d, also realized the total says egg instead of health, sorry

Attachments

• IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have two bearded dragons names mochi and Ryu. i’ve been here before and i’ve had them for more or less than 2 years. My smallest, Ryu, has something with her nails that just don’t sit right with me. i do not ROUTINELY cut their nails but i do indeed cut them. As i go to cut Ryus nails, they looked a little funny to me. i can be over reacting as i’m scared to even leave them alone sometimes. Pictures/videos will be posted, any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you.
-edit- realized i can’t post videos, i have some if someone’s wants them dm’d, also realized the total says egg instead of health, sorry
Have you watched you tube videos on cutting nails? You can get a piece of ceramic tile something w/ texture so when they scratch on it it will file the nails down

jzbrooklyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have you watched you tube videos on cutting nails? You can get a piece of ceramic tile something w/ texture so when they scratch on it it will file the nails down
i have when i first got them and i’ve been cutting the sharp point off but not any length. if thats something i need to change please let me know. but im pretty comfortable cutting them and i give them treats so they don’t give me issues. however they do look a little TOO curled to me.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have when i first got them and i’ve been cutting the sharp point off but not any length. if thats something i need to change please let me know. but im pretty comfortable cutting them and i give them treats so they don’t give me issues. however they do look a little TOO curled to me.
Watch another video you can cut them a little shorter- I will have some one look at your post and see if they can help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Watch another video you can cut them a little shorter- I will have some one look at your post and see if they can help
The person I reached out to said this
Watch Youtube videos, just cut a little at a time. Make sure you have a few rocks in the enclosure to help file them down too.

Latest posts