• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concern (bump on tail)

Psykittie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all! I’ll start this post off by mentioning that I have an appointment for my beardie Lewis for this upcoming Friday.
I would have brought him sooner but I’ve moved about two times this year and it’s been extremely chaotic. It’s been a few months he has had this, wondering if anyone could bring any insight to what this could be before I go.
I’m still going, because I want him to have a full checkup.

So worried it’s tail rot…
Thank you all for reading!!

IMG_8097.jpeg
IMG_8098.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all! I’ll start this post off by mentioning that I have an appointment for my beardie Lewis for this upcoming Friday.
I would have brought him sooner but I’ve moved about two times this year and it’s been extremely chaotic. It’s been a few months he has had this, wondering if anyone could bring any insight to what this could be before I go.
I’m still going, because I want him to have a full checkup.

So worried it’s tail rot…
Thank you all for reading!!

View attachment 35053View attachment 35054
Not sure what that is let me have someone take a look -- vet appt NO enemas please ---

Psykittie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure what that is let me have someone take a look -- vet appt NO enemas please ---
Let you have someone take a look? Huh

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am going to have someone else take a look and see what they say may be going on
Here is the reply
Was there ever any type of injury there, even a slight cut ? Whether there was or not that could be a cyst or abscess so it's good that you'll be having it checked out by a vet. Hopefully nothing too serious !
I was thinking the same thing cyst or abcess or possible injury

Psykittie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is the reply
Was there ever any type of injury there, even a slight cut ? Whether there was or not that could be a cyst or abscess so it's good that you'll be having it checked out by a vet. Hopefully nothing too serious !
I was thinking the same thing cyst or abcess or possible injury
To my knowledge no injury occurred there, I had wondered the same from possibly his glass surfing. Never seen a cut there or anything, recently he had a cut on his foot but I treated that right away and he was fine from that. As for the tail, it’s so mysterious. If it’s a cyst or abscess that’s a bit scary still but not as bad as tail rot/cancer which I’ve been so nervous about.
Next Friday cannot come sooner!!
Thank you kindly for your response

Latest posts