• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Coccidia

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got Syrax a month ago, he’s 5-6 months and found out this week he’s got Coccidia. I’m starting treatment tomorrow and I’m scared lol, but I hope once we get rid of them he’s going to be much happier. He seems so depressed the last few days.

I was given baycox 5%, anyone have any experience with it, wondering what to expect.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got Syrax a month ago, he’s 5-6 months and found out this week he’s got Coccidia. I’m starting treatment tomorrow and I’m scared lol, but I hope once we get rid of them he’s going to be much happier. He seems so depressed the last few days.

I was given baycox 5%, anyone have any experience with it, wondering what to expect.
I have not heard of Baycox but I will flag your post to the vet tech on this board-- do you have the parasite test results so you can post them for Tracie- if not please get them have the office email them to you-- what is the dosage of the med and how often? I would keep him hydrated and maybe start a probiotic for stomach upset -- lets have Tracie advise on this
this is her website for the probiotic https://bug-de-lite.com/

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh my gosh, gave him his first treatment Friday morning and what a difference already Saturday morning.

For the first time since I got him, and in stark contrast to the last few days, he’s seemed really depressed not wanting to move or anything, he came up to me when I was getting his morning salad and water ready. He’s also been so alert this morning looking around and moving about his enclosure.

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh my gosh, gave him his first treatment Friday morning and what a difference already Saturday morning.

For the first time since I got him, and in stark contrast to the last few days, he’s seemed really depressed not wanting to move or anything, he came up to me when I was getting his morning salad and water ready. He’s also been so alert this morning looking around and moving about his enclosure.

Attachments

• F836997A-A602-4567-891E-5517B233D8F4.jpeg
    F836997A-A602-4567-891E-5517B233D8F4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well that is good --- does the dragon drink from the water bowl? I have flagged Tracie again

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I looked over the dose & it appeared to be conservative but I don't have his weight so I can't
verify the accuracy.
How is your dragon doing, after the round of the
Baycox? It has Toltrazuril as the active ingredient
which is a direct anti-coccidial.

I hope your dragon is doing better!
Tracie

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
After the first and second treatment he was looking really really good, but Monday Tuesday he was refusing to eat completely, contrary to even during treatment. So vet suggested syringe feeding. He took to it really well last night going to keep offering solid food before the liquid. I’ll be keeping the vet up to date and bring a second scat sample on Friday or Monday, unless he keeps refusing to eat in which case I’ll be bringing him in on Friday most likely.

He’s very small I think that may have been part of the concern, as well as being dehydrated, based on what I understand looking at his results the infection was relatively light.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

The youngsters tend to have a harder time than the bigger ones do, because they usually can't
handle as much stress.
Is he done with all medications now?
I hope that he starts to get his appetite back & starts to eat solid foods again.
Let us know how the vet visit went.

Tracie

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
He finally seems to have fully bounced back, eating and running around being terror! After the last faecal sample the parasite is still present, however with him not eating at the time the vet suggested waiting it out a few weeks to get his strength back before doing a third faecal, to see if he’s fought it off himself, and going from there.

Thanks for you’re help!

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
On a bit of a side note and sorry if this is the wrong place for it, the pet smart I got him from has given me a $250 gift card. As experience reptile owners would you trust they’re feeder insects?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On a bit of a side note and sorry if this is the wrong place for it, the pet smart I got him from has given me a $250 gift card. As experience reptile owners would you trust they’re feeder insects?
NO ENEMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough ---- take the poop sample in ---- as far as the insects they are ok -- I would go w/ more of sites that have insects -- you can spend the gift card on decorations or even UVB bulbs --- basking bulbs --

Latest posts