• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CLOSED EYE

KellySmiler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey so one of my beardies eyes is shut its not crusty but I can see him moving his eye around under the lid. I gave him a bath yesterday and soaked it with a cotton bud and it opened and it looked fine but this morning its shut again? Any ideas? Can I use human eye drops or saline solution maybe for a day or two?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417252228661.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1417252228661.JPG
    967.9 KB · Views: 162

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Human eyedrops – what kind? saline solution – needs to be sterile for use in the eye. boil it and cool it.

KellySmiler

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was thinkn more like saline solution one would use with contacts or the type in first aid boxs. These are plain and don't have anything else added into them.

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Are you using a coil type uvb bulb? Those have been known to cause the irritation in some cases.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It really should be seen by a vet before starting any kind of treatment. There looks like there could be some sort of skin problem at the front, but it's hard to tell from just a picture. It may also be light related, again a vet would be able to determine that for you.

Please do not boil saline solution. That would increase the salinity and likely make it an irritant.

Latest posts