• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Climbing furniture

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie, Cas, loves to climb. I’ve found her many times trying to climb straight up the wall. Often, she likes to come out of her tank just to climb up my blanket, onto my bed, up to the window by my bed just to look out. Once, she jumped from a blanket up to a computer chair just to climb up top. Another time, she climbed up a book bag next to my desk to a styrofoam box onto my desk. She’s climbed up anything she can find!
She loves climbing so much that I wonder if I should get some sort of fake tree or cat climb for her when she’s out. I wonder what other people have done.

Do you have any sort of furniture for your beardie to climb on outside of their tank?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Wow tree lizard,... my beardie likes to climb but you got a regular spiderwoman there, im sorry i dont have any recommendations on what you could get, but what you’ve stated sounds good, my only point of concern for you would be if she fell, BDs are semi arboreal (meaning they’ll climb , but not to a tree top) they’re bodies arnt built to withstand falls either , whatever you get just please make shure theres pillows or blankets underneath it.

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Wow tree lizard,... my beardie likes to climb but you got a regular spiderwoman there, im sorry i dont have any recommendations on what you could get, but what you’ve stated sounds good, my only point of concern for you would be if she fell, BDs are semi arboreal (meaning they’ll climb , but not to a tree top) they’re bodies arnt built to withstand falls either , whatever you get just please make shure theres pillows or blankets underneath it.
Falls are a concern of mine... I didn't think of pillow though! All things considered, I might just put blankets on furniture I do have so that, if she's gonna climbed it, she's not gonna be scratching and getting desperate. Also, if she falls, it won't be real high, and she'll be fine.
Thank you!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
This may sound strange but I have seen a lot of bearded dragons climbing cat trees. You can always start with a small one and see if she likes it and move on to something bigger or taller

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Mine is the same!! Constantly trying to climb the background foliage, silly lizard. Thank you Emilia for the cat tree suggestion!

Latest posts