• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chris

Chreees

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone my name is Chris and I currently don't have a Beardie but will be getting one in the next few days.
I was looking at this one
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/3129759357.html
I just wanted to know if this is a good deal/healthy beardie that looks well taken care of. I've done A LOT of research over the past few months and finally have the money to get one. Any tips/help would be appreciated

Pat B

Super Moderator
Looks healthy to me. Is it a UVB bulb? I have that size tank and it is a nice size. I paid $200 for mine at PS. Negotiate!! Good luck!

Chreees

Bearded Dragon Egg
I haven't decided if I want to go with one of craigslist or just get a juvenile from the local breeder.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Why do they want to sell the dragon and everything that goes with it? From the pictures he looks healthy....as in not skinny. They have 2 infrared lights but is that type of light considered a basking light? If it were me....I would go and take a really good look at what is being offered and if you feel 'good' about it and the owners then low ball the price and see what happens. Good luck!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF, Chris!

Bd's do not do well with colored lights, a bright white basking light is needed, and if they're using it for night heat then they're messing with the poor guys sleep cycle. Hard to tell from that pic if it looks the advertised age, pretty washed out with the red lights.

Latest posts