• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Check their teeth.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
My cat almost died from 2 bad teeth. He's still hasn't eaten and is nothing but skin and bones. I'm gonna syringe feed him in a little bit. I just had to take him back to the vet for a pain shot. Moral of the story is ck and brush cat and dogs teeth. He had them removed yesterday and it was expensive. Way cheaper to add teeth to the routine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
No it was really bad teeth. I have a cat with the Hiv that cats get. No more outside at all. They hvnt been outside in 2 years. If he gets sick it'll be worse because he has that. My cat just ate for the first time in a week. I'm so happy. I took him back for a pain shot today and it made all the difference. I guess the pills aren't as good.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
2 of our rescues have stomatitis. It's where their body attacks the gums/teeth. Thankfully it wasn't bad enough that they had to be removed, but they'll need medication for the rest of their lives. Is there a chance that your cat may have the same problem?

I hope he recovers quickly and starts putting on weight. Poor dude.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I've gone through the leukemia too. In 2005 . It was bad.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
No it was the teeth. I lost a baby beardie to stomatitis and I still cry about him. This forum and the ppl helped me so much. I hope your guys do well. My guy was tiny .so his prognosis wasn't great.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
3 nights ago I thought I was gonna find my cat dead in the bathtub. He put himself in there and it was so weird I was scared. I put a comforter and water in the tub. So glad he's eating. It's like he turned the corner and we can relax now..

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Water in a bowl not the tub itself. Lol

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm glad he's doing better and that you found the source of his problems. Tooth infections can take out grown men, so I'm sure it hits our kids just as hard, if not harder.

I'm sorry about your beardie candybugs. Losing a family member is difficult, and the grieving process is always long one.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It was a long illness and battle. I was wrecked at the end. My cat ate right when he got back from getting another pain shot. He already looks better. He's mad at me but it's ok. Putting him down was on the table I'm glad I found a great vet. He took 400 off the bill which saved his life. My animal funds are done for the year.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm glad it all worked out well. It sounds like you found a really good vet. When they care more about the animals than the money, you're in the right place.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
So bad news he's not bouncing back at all he's in kidney failure. He's still fighting and I'm making me as comfortable as possible. He's not gonna make it but he's still purrs and wants to be held and kissed he sleeps by my pillow and I never know if he'll be there anymore in the am I'm praying he goes in his sleep by my pillow. That's the goal. He appears to be real lazy and sleepy but not showing pain he's still move around the house and eats a tiny bit and drinks small amounts of water. He's 14 and deserves to go at home not on a metal table. I just pray so hard it goes peacfully. I've never had a senior pet .It's obviously not easy but it's way different than a young animal. I hv a little more peace inside because he's had a great loved life long life. I tell him every nite it's up to him and it's ok to go. He's not ready yet.. This crap is hard.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My heart broke when I read this. I'm so sorry candybugs. He's had a long life full of love thanks to you.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thanks I'm so gratefull to you guys it's nice to have a place to share whats going on and you guys get it and care. Thank you.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So bad news he's not bouncing back at all he's in kidney failure. He's still fighting and I'm making me as comfortable as possible. He's not gonna make it but he's still purrs and wants to be held and kissed he sleeps by my pillow and I never know if he'll be there anymore in the am I'm praying he goes in his sleep by my pillow. That's the goal. He appears to be real lazy and sleepy but not showing pain he's still move around the house and eats a tiny bit and drinks small amounts of water. He's 14 and deserves to go at home not on a metal table. I just pray so hard it goes peacfully. I've never had a senior pet .It's obviously not easy but it's way different than a young animal. I hv a little more peace inside because he's had a great loved life long life. I tell him every nite it's up to him and it's ok to go. He's not ready yet.. This crap is hard.

I'm so sorry to read this. My Isis had kidney failure and she lasted 6 months with me giving her sub q fluids. I always told her to let me know when she was done and that I would be okay if she passed at home. When she stopped eating in June and we made the decision to put her down, it was the most peaceful and loving thing we could have done for her. It wasn't a cold metal table. She sat on my lap and I petted her and I told her the story about the first day we saw her and brought her home to us. I remember somewhere in the middle of the story she started snoring LOL! It was oddly peaceful and my tears stopped. She was 18.

I miss her so much now that it's getting colder out because she was so warm and she used to sleep cuddled up to me. Now I'm cold at night LOL!

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Isn't it so different when they're old. I'm really suprised at how it feels . He's getting visits from family and the neighbor kids. My son left his dog here for a week while he's in new York and they lay together by the water bowl. It's pretty sweet a big pit bull and this frail old cat . He's getting lots of love. All my dogs are being so good around him.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Milo just passed away at 330. He was in my arms with my grandson and I giving him love. He purred to the end. I'm sad but I know he feels much better now.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Milo just passed away at 330. He was in my arms with my grandson and I giving him love. He purred to the end. I'm sad but I know he feels much better now.

I'm so sorry to hear this [emoji17] I know it is one of the hardest things to go through. Thoughts going out to you during this difficult time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It sounds like Milo went peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. Bless his heart.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ya it was as good as you could hope for.

Latest posts