• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cheaper by the dozen??

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,
At Christmas my lovely husband gave into my begging for reptiles again and allowed me to bring one leopard gecko in and we welcome Dunkin and while getting the stuff Dunkin needed husband found himself on the reptile wall. He seen a second gecko who had stuck shed and couldn't see to eat. PetSmart refused to allow anyone to remove the shed unless purchased the animal. So that night Dunkin and Starbies came home and my husband decided he wanted a bearded dragon. On new years Eve a SOS plea went out for dragon rehoming and we ended up with dragon number one, Texas.
1.Texas was sweet as could be but had not been fed properly and had only one spiral uvb bulb for tank. He has taken up well to new lamps and proper diet.
2.Dakota was got a bit later as a pet gone wrong. Teen got her and didn't have much time for her needs. Minus lighting needing upgrades she has come home being very well taken care of
3. Phoenix - was husband left unattended at PetSmart and decided the two babies needed to come home for our guest room. They have grown extremely well
4. Laredo - see above. He came home with Phoenix and I swore no more dragons in this house
5.Memphis- I entered petstore to hear about a dragon needing rehomed. He was a bag of bones, living in a small aquarium. I paid to get him home. Immediately required vet care. Coccidia positive and needed antibiotics for infection. Memphis wasn't eating and knocking on death door. We are 3 months from that day and my boy is doing well. Eating still a battle and occasionally must be tube fed but we are making progress
6. Salem- husband decided to get me a purple(lavender )translucent Pinstripe for Valentine's Day and i love my spicy brat
7. Jasper - military guy was moving and needed someone to take him or he was throwing him out side
8-12 came last week as rescue with young lady called to take a MBD baby in desperate need. I went to get "Chevy" my blocky girl who runs even though she is broken. I had no clue that I was entertaining the danger zone and that inside those doors were 5 dragons, 4 leopard gecko and lastly a day gecko... 3 dragon full grown in one tank, 2 in other. With those babies was 2 working heat lamps total, 2 skeleton of dead animals and tanks covered in dog urine. I was no leaving them babies behind. They are now in my care until they get proper homes. They are named below with description of condition.
8. Chevy- is my big Mbd dragon with deformed legs and spine.
9. Daytona - she is definitely growth stunted and stubby sized missing tail tip
10.Stella-Stunted growth and full of parasite will need meds and lots of good food and vitamin
11. Celeste -same as Stella
12. Paris- same as above two
Plus the leopard -Cici, Zoe, Minnie and big papa are all gaining weight and doing great
Denver: day gecko had no humidity machine,heat or lamps. He now got everything cleaned up and doing great

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_112841107.jpg
    IMG_20240505_112841107.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240505_112601755.jpg
    IMG_20240505_112601755.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone,
At Christmas my lovely husband gave into my begging for reptiles again and allowed me to bring one leopard gecko in and we welcome Dunkin and while getting the stuff Dunkin needed husband found himself on the reptile wall. He seen a second gecko who had stuck shed and couldn't see to eat. PetSmart refused to allow anyone to remove the shed unless purchased the animal. So that night Dunkin and Starbies came home and my husband decided he wanted a bearded dragon. On new years Eve a SOS plea went out for dragon rehoming and we ended up with dragon number one, Texas.
1.Texas was sweet as could be but had not been fed properly and had only one spiral uvb bulb for tank. He has taken up well to new lamps and proper diet.
2.Dakota was got a bit later as a pet gone wrong. Teen got her and didn't have much time for her needs. Minus lighting needing upgrades she has come home being very well taken care of
3. Phoenix - was husband left unattended at PetSmart and decided the two babies needed to come home for our guest room. They have grown extremely well
4. Laredo - see above. He came home with Phoenix and I swore no more dragons in this house
5.Memphis- I entered petstore to hear about a dragon needing rehomed. He was a bag of bones, living in a small aquarium. I paid to get him home. Immediately required vet care. Coccidia positive and needed antibiotics for infection. Memphis wasn't eating and knocking on death door. We are 3 months from that day and my boy is doing well. Eating still a battle and occasionally must be tube fed but we are making progress
6. Salem- husband decided to get me a purple(lavender )translucent Pinstripe for Valentine's Day and i love my spicy brat
7. Jasper - military guy was moving and needed someone to take him or he was throwing him out side
8-12 came last week as rescue with young lady called to take a MBD baby in desperate need. I went to get "Chevy" my blocky girl who runs even though she is broken. I had no clue that I was entertaining the danger zone and that inside those doors were 5 dragons, 4 leopard gecko and lastly a day gecko... 3 dragon full grown in one tank, 2 in other. With those babies was 2 working heat lamps total, 2 skeleton of dead animals and tanks covered in dog urine. I was no leaving them babies behind. They are now in my care until they get proper homes. They are named below with description of condition.
8. Chevy- is my big Mbd dragon with deformed legs and spine.
9. Daytona - she is definitely growth stunted and stubby sized missing tail tip
10.Stella-Stunted growth and full of parasite will need meds and lots of good food and vitamin
11. Celeste -same as Stella
12. Paris- same as above two
Plus the leopard -Cici, Zoe, Minnie and big papa are all gaining weight and doing great
Denver: day gecko had no humidity machine,heat or lamps. He now got everything cleaned up and doing great
Welcome you have your hands full -- its good that you have rescued them as it sounds like they were in dire need-- if you need help w/ anything please ask --- I dont know anything about Geckos mainly the dragons -- but there are people we can reach out to if you have needs for them :)

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome you have your hands full -- its good that you have rescued them as it sounds like they were in dire need-- if you need help w/ anything please ask --- I dont know anything about Geckos mainly the dragons -- but there are people we can reach out to if you have needs for them :)
My newest concern is diet after coccidia and getting some meat on them. Currently rotating crickets, dubia, and occasionally some darkling bettles. They all have calcium 3 days and multivitamin other three days of week and one day of probiotic per week. Each dragon has a T5 lamp, heat lamp, hide and basking locations plus a rub log.. diet is dark greens, pepper and carrots

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My newest concern is diet after coccidia and getting some meat on them. Currently rotating crickets, dubia, and occasionally some darkling bettles. They all have calcium 3 days and multivitamin other three days of week and one day of probiotic per week. Each dragon has a T5 lamp, heat lamp, hide and basking locations plus a rub log.. diet is dark greens, pepper and carrots
Here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder - what are you feeding the dubias? Not carrots too? You want slow and steady for diet -- not a fast weight gain gradual- super worms meal worms horn worms and butter worms are all good treat worms fed 3 times per week - if you need websites for those I can post links for them -- we have a vet tech on the forum shes very good - Tracie is her name user name Drache613 -- I will flag the post and have her help out here as well --
@Drache613

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

You do have your hands full indeed!
You have them in separate tanks right now,
until you rehome some of them? How many do
you plan on rehoming?
What type of calcium are you using right now,
a powder or liquid?
Let us know how they are all doing & if any of
them have some major health issues that need
to be addressed.
The diet you are giving sounds pretty diverse
so you shouldn't have too much trouble trying
to put some weight on them after coccidia
treatment. Are they done with treatment right
now? You can add some squash & sweet
potato to help with some healthy weight gain.

Tracie

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I don't know about 'cheaper', but at least twelve times more the fun!

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry y'all...life got me and I didn't see the email flagging replies. My crew has all of their own tanks, heat and uvb lamps. (T8) That was the expensive part of rescue. Everyone completed their meds until next week when they do the final 3 days. Squash was added this week and we will see how it works out. Every one has gained weight this week. I'm using powder calcium on bugs 3 days a week and then using multivitamin powder the other three. On salad Sunday they have bee pollen topper, probiotics and dried bug dressing. I was expecting that Chevy the MBD girl would forever have messed up legs but she has made huge steps in just one week and started pushing up on her feet again. They are still bowed out but she trying to stand. The girls below are Daytona( looks like waves on her back) middle is Chevy my MBD girl and then last but not least my Dakota girl

Attachments

• IMG_20240501_210021924.jpg
    IMG_20240501_210021924.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240427_211551799.jpg
    IMG_20240427_211551799.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240509_184838419.jpg
    IMG_20240509_184838419.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry y'all...life got me and I didn't see the email flagging replies. My crew has all of their own tanks, heat and uvb lamps. (T8) That was the expensive part of rescue. Everyone completed their meds until next week when they do the final 3 days. Squash was added this week and we will see how it works out. Every one has gained weight this week. I'm using powder calcium on bugs 3 days a week and then using multivitamin powder the other three. On salad Sunday they have bee pollen topper, probiotics and dried bug dressing. I was expecting that Chevy the MBD girl would forever have messed up legs but she has made huge steps in just one week and started pushing up on her feet again. They are still bowed out but she trying to stand. The girls below are Daytona( looks like waves on her back) middle is Chevy my MBD girl and then last but not least my Dakota girl
Please get those T 8's unobstructed no screen or covers on the fixtures- they are not strong enough to go thru screens- distance should be 6-8 inches-directly above the basking decor- this is imperative especially the ones w/ mbd- I recommend upgrading to T 5 's - T 8's need to be replaced every 5 months -

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are in tank mounted T5.. sorry I miswrote..

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_112834119.jpg
    IMG_20240505_112834119.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are in tank mounted T5.. sorry I miswrote..
Ok -- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor and w/ your mbd- dragons I would do 13 inches

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
It won't hurt her to be that close? They are a combo of cheap housings and Arcadia housing but all are fitted with the dragon bulb from Arcadia

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It won't hurt her to be that close? They are a combo of cheap housings and Arcadia housing but all are fitted with the dragon bulb from Arcadia
What do you mean by cheap housings- do they have reflectors in the fixture and no it wont hurt her to be 13" from the bulb- my Blaze has eye impairments and was no longer climbing on his decor to meet the distance so I had to lower the UVB as he was starting to get head tremors first sign of inadequate UVB - I lowered the fixture distance from the UVB to the floor of the tank is 13" the tremors went away --- she will move away from the UVB if it is too strong watch her behavior she will tell you -- they will sit under it for as long as they need it - if shes not sitting under it at all then its probably to close but distance is 12-15"

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is photos of what the pack was living in before coming here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428-101540~2.png
    Screenshot_20240428-101540~2.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240428-101641~2.png
    Screenshot_20240428-101641~2.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240428-101630~2.png
    Screenshot_20240428-101630~2.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 4

12pack

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is wrong w/ people--- they need to be band from having any kind of animals -
I was in no way looking for dragons and honestly I was shopping for a new tank and came across that. When I seen it I had to step up

Latest posts