• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Change of food

OwnedBy2Dragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, not sure if this is in the right place or not but need some advice. Yesterday I changed my dragons onto locusts only, they usually get crickets with odd boxes of locusts here and there as treats. This morning one of them has had watery stool. Is this because of the change in food and to just keep an eye on him or would I be needing to get him into a vet asap. Thanks in advance :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all, not sure if this is in the right place or not but need some advice. Yesterday I changed my dragons onto locusts only, they usually get crickets with odd boxes of locusts here and there as treats. This morning one of them has had watery stool. Is this because of the change in food and to just keep an eye on him or would I be needing to get him into a vet asap. Thanks in advance :)
Anytime there is a change of food can effect the stool outcome- what else are you feeding besides the locust / crickets? Usually veggies w / a lot of water content will do that too -- like squash green peppers etc -- also keep in mind that crickets are good for giving parasites so you need to be familiar w/ the stools -- usually really runny smelly stools like bad smelling could be a sign of parasites - along w/ lethargic behavior if the count is really high --

Latest posts