• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can't We All Get Along?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be drawing a hard line on rude and insulting posting. There will be hard consequences for not being cordial to one another. There is more than enough space on the server for everyone to say their piece and not have to resort to name-calling or blatant rudeness.
If you post something blatantly rude or insulting directed at another member, you will get 2 warnings. On the third warning, you will be asked to leave the site - no second chances.
I would hate for things to come down to this but there really is no reason for bickering and fighting. It's foolishness.
After discussing it with them, I will be removing the permissions of our two moderators for the time being. Please do not hesitate to report posts that violate these rules. I will be personally moderating everything in an effort to help calm the waters.
I'd love to hear any insights, advice, positivity or anything constructive. What do you all think?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First no one told her to leave she was told if she don't like the site then leave big difference .there was never any trouble on this site till she joined. And my self and Jeff asked to be removed from being a mod before this started.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We are from so many points of the world, that to ask questions as to what one means is IMPERATIVE. And sometimes, people WILL comment in an off-topic way within that post as to the lingual differences. That is how we learn. Not just about the topic-at-hand, but of those that may pop up in between within that conversation. To be told that asking that kind of question, and having a little light-hearted banter about it, to me is not taking away from the initial post, or wrong. It was a question within a question. And in the end, the initial topic's concern WAS answered.

Thank you JOSH for taking your community and your members to heart. We want to stay, but are scared of the repercussions of something like this happening again. I'll stay at least through the weekend. Depending on how things go, I may still decide to leave. Or I very well may stay. I HAVE made some good friends in the short time that I have been with the site. No doubt. And I am still VERY new (even though have had him for 7 months) at owning our wonderful Beardie.

I love to learn, and give tips of the trade (so to speak). But I don't wish to be serious in EVERY single thread. AND the mods (current and future) MUST realize that ALL the discussions have great possibility for going off the topic grid a bit, due to different word usages and slangs. To go on a power-trip and be all huffy over having a giggle over the language differences was an utter shock, and I hope to NEVER see something of that nature again on here.

Again, thank you, Josh. For your quick actions and response to the situation. Great job, sir!

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Though I know I am kind of an on again/off again member, I will say one thing. I will say one of the reasons why I chose to come to this site is because of the information and diplomacy that has been displayed. I hate to sound so urbanized with this statement, but it's not that deep. We are all here because of a general commonality, and we should embrace that...

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I feel I too must comment. I was not on here much for a few days,and came back to find some new,good friends were feeling very hurt. I must say, after reading through one thread that seemed to cause alot of the issues, I felt very unwelcomed here as well. I don't know how much or even if any of it was directed at me, however the wording of the post to "take your crew with you" was more than a little harsh.
I do hope that this was just a bad week for everyone.. (we all have days we are harsh or short with people)!
I am new to dragons as well, and still learning and love to share what i have learned so far. However, if I am going to just be stereotyped into a group and then be shunned for that, I don't have a problem leaving either.
I don't have the energy after a work day to come home and be put down!!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Josh, i would have to agree. We are all adults and should be able to get along. As you said the site is big enough for all. I can't tell you how much l have learnt since being here. Everyone has different opinions on everything from habitat, feeding and general well being of our dragons. And that's what it's about, our dragons. I know, in the short time l have had mine, he has become a huge part of OUR family's life.

After reading a few of the recent threads, i feel i am one of the main offenders when it has come to getting side tracked and off topic and l feel this has blown up due to some of the replies l have posted. I do genuinelly apologise to all concerned.
I have been made feel welcome right from the moment l joined and l'm sorry this has happened. I just hope that no one leaves because of me. And l hope that we can all made a real effort to get back on track from this point on.

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
What the heck people! I have no idea whats going on or evenwhat post caused such fuss, but truth is, who bloody cares. Bigger picture: If you don't like the advice you're given, step off, period, end of story. Nobody is holding you up, nobody is going to ring your bell; no disrespect intended. If you don't like a post, don't reply. Tastes & opinions are subjectable. Just move on to another topic. If you think about it - when was the last time you did everything your mummy told u, or for that matter, when was the last time u believed everything u read in the papers! Its all fluff - entertainment sprinkled w/well intended advice from people who ultimately have their hearts in the right place.

I really enjoy this forum. Grant it, I'm not on here daily or even weekly, but I do from time-to-time like to get the advice of others who have had dragons longer than I. I'm by far no expert (don't present myself as such - most people here don't either). So, if you run across something you feel is sharp, just roll your eyes & Bob's your Uncle.....life is too short to sit around yelling at your computer or killing your keyboard......(now, if that only worked when I tell my husband not to flick off other drivers! - lol)

I really like it here. Have never had a problem. I appreciate EVERYBODY'S opinion; the more the marrier! I especially like chatting w/people outside the US (love the UK owners; u buggers r a blast). I DO tend to ramble, but that's just my Irish nature a coming - I'm a talker tis true. I try to stick to topic or at least circle back around to it within a post or two. Sorry if I've ever frustrated anybody. One things for certain though - it's simply impossible for me not to be wordy - don't ask - my advance apologies!

So, lets pull ourselves together shall we and get on w/it; just trow it into the wash, it'll be grand!

Cheers

Latest posts