• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can reptiles be friends?

NickG1987

Hatchling Dragon
I've been considering picking up a uromastyx from a local breeder. I was curious if different types of reptiles get along? Obviously I won't be keeping them in the same viv, but would/could they get along and maybe be "friends?" If not, could they at least coexist in separate vivs near each other without smashing their heads into a bloody pulp against the glass trying to fight each other?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You should be able to keep them in separate tanks in the same room. There might be a period of adjustment but eventually they should just get used to seeing the other. Some of my frogs are right in front of the beardies and in the beginning all 3 frogs would sit and watch the beardies and go a little nuts in their tank but now they only go crazy if they are awake during feeding time. They also go nuts when they can see the worms crawling around in the container.

I don't think the uromastyx and beardie will be "friends" out of the tank though.

Latest posts