• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

can my beardie catch the flu from me?

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
I was diagnosed with influenza yesterday and was wondering if I handle my little Stryker can I pass the virus to her? I have heard that there are human illnesses that can be transmitted to our animal companions? I have nitrile exam gloves and of course I am washing my hands like a crazy mad person and I'm probably just over thinking it but am concerned. any ideas guys?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
There are very few diseases that cross the species barrier. Flu isn't one of them. No worries.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
oh thank heavens..I was worried and Stryker kept staring at me wondering why I wasn't taking her for snuggles..today she is very happy to be out and snuggled up with me.
thank again .

Latest posts