• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can i feed spike earthworms

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
i went fishing today and i have a butt load of worms left and i have seen videos of people doing it but i want to know if it is safe

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Earthworms are okay for your BD, actually would be a decent feeder, as far as nutrition goes, if you can get them to eat them. None of mine would touch them after the first taste or 2. Using feeders that were bred for bait is not a good plan, as often they are not raised\bred in the most sanitary of conditions, possible parasite carriers.

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
But aren't they all raised for bait were can i find some that weere not raised for bait then lol i read about the parisites on some other page but just thought i would ask thanks

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I think what Germ meant is that worms crawl in and essentially eat dirt, and aren't the best option because Lord only knows what was in that dirt the bait shop had in their "enclosure." I guess my only question is why are you so bent on feeding your dragon worms? :D

Latest posts