• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Butt Protruding??? Help!!

JoshDL

Bearded Dragon Egg
A few days ago, she walked into my salt pit and pooped inside of it. I’m not sure how long she was inside of the salt pit but now her butt hole is poking out. At first i thought it was dried salt inside of her but after soaking her in water i realized that it’s actually her butt that’s coming out.

maybe it’s irritated?? what should i do??

Attachments

• 3EE925B6-F022-483E-9C95-FD3061FBD792.jpeg
    3EE925B6-F022-483E-9C95-FD3061FBD792.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
  • 56CE2BD7-EBAC-4879-9D76-3EB8C0D68410.jpeg
    56CE2BD7-EBAC-4879-9D76-3EB8C0D68410.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 175

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
That looks like what is called a prolapse. Are you able to take her to a reptile vet? There are some things you can do in the meantime that may help. Keep her well hydrated, don't feed her for a day or two, and then feed only soft small food (bsfl, other worms, baby food). You can try *very carefully* to use a q-tip with olive oil, diluted raw honey, or even neosporin to gently guide the tissue back in, but first try a room temp sugar water soak, which may help soothe the area and reduce swelling. That can also make the attempt to push the tissue back in a bit easier. You should still see a vet if possible, to determine and correct the cause of the prolapse.

Latest posts