• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building enclosure

Dr. D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oof lol. I wouldn't risk it.

It's just me, my wife, and her 2 elderly chihuahuas, so I'm letting him have his freedom until my wife and I decide to have kids.
My 2 80lb boxers and my little guy they are pals

Attachments

• F0218141-91EF-426F-926B-94C5664154A6.jpeg
    F0218141-91EF-426F-926B-94C5664154A6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 23643595-ADBA-490F-BA91-BEC06C98668D.jpeg
    23643595-ADBA-490F-BA91-BEC06C98668D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
He's 2 years old. The first thing he did was climb on the small building on the left hand side. Basking light is 12" from the rock, 16" from the floor, 150w and before I placed him in there, temp on the rock read 105F. A 120 gallon tank measures at about 48" x 24" x 24". My custom enclosure measures 55" x 32" x 16" And the hammock just came in today. Here's an updated picture I just took.
I’m almost done with my custom enclosure. I’m not very experienced with building with wood. I was lucky to have most of the tools I needed in the house, I did buy a hobby rotary tool for some of the cutting. I took a metal shelving unit with mdf shelves, easy adjustable levels.
I used 1/2 inch mdf board for back and sides sealed with a waterproof sealer. Installing lights was simple and it is nice to be able to make custom decor to fit the way you want it.

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
He's 2 years old. The first thing he did was climb on the small building on the left hand side. Basking light is 12" from the rock, 16" from the floor, 150w and before I placed him in there, temp on the rock read 105F. A 120 gallon tank measures at about 48" x 24" x 24". My custom enclosure measures 55" x 32" x 16" And the hammock just came in today. Here's an updated picture I just took.
Custom building has been fun. I took a 48x24 shelving unit. 6 feet tall with mdf shelving. Used 1/2 inch MDF to make the walls and the frame of the shelving unit made it easy to connect. Made a 2 story enclosure and might build a 3rd level, just an opened “patio” with no walls or lighting. Just a fence to keep him from free roaming my house.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Hi, all!

I was wanting to build my beardie, Spike, a bigger enclosure out of an old entertainment armoire I bought from someone on Facebook. The more I looked into custom enclosures, the more I kept finding out about materials harmful to beardies, mainly the kind of material the enclosure is made of. From what I've Googled, I think this armoire is made of fiberboard. My questions are, is it safe for Spike and will it be safe with the basking light?
Good luck on the enclosure & nothing is unsafe.

Latest posts