• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BSFL

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Have you tried waxworms or small supers? We got a 50 count of waxworms about 2 weeks ago and already notice Spyra has gained a little too much weight lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They should have a good amount of calcium in them as well. Very good for thin dragons like rescues. I wish Flash was big enough to eat them. He could use some fattening up. I weighed him today and he was the same as when I got him from the grandson. Frustrating because I put more time in with him than my three and not seeing any improvement yet, it's been a week.

Are you weighing him at the same time and same day each week? My vet told us that if you are not doing it at the same time (as close as you can get the time) and same day then the weights will be off.

How long have you had him? Just this last week, right? I would try supers - they have the highest fat content. But you've been doing this for years so I'm sure you know what is best for him.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I haven't tried supers yet but I will pick out a few small ones later and try them. I got him last Sunday and weighed him the next day so it's been a week in between weigh ins. Thanks for suggesting the supers, hadn't even thought about them and have been focusing more on the dubia since he ate 16 that one day. Now he eats 3-5 per day. Been giving him probiotics, electrolytes and bee pollen mixed with water daily to keep him hydrated.Might see the vet if he doesn't change for the better soon. Daughter can't afford one but I can.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I haven't tried supers yet but I will pick out a few small ones later and try them. I got him last Sunday and weighed him the next day so it's been a week in between weigh ins. Thanks for suggesting the supers, hadn't even thought about them and have been focusing more on the dubia since he ate 16 that one day. Now he eats 3-5 per day. Been giving him probiotics, electrolytes and bee pollen mixed with water daily to keep him hydrated.Might see the vet if he doesn't change for the better soon. Daughter can't afford one but I can.

Here's is a copy of the breakdown my old vet gave us, that I use.

2632f59b6f58467ed67bde0b199ff55c.jpg

That's great that you would take him to the vet! How often are you doing the probiotic mix?

You could add Pedialyte And organic butternut acorn squash baby food to the mix. And put the Pedialyte in his bath water. That helped Wally tremendously.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They should have a good amount of calcium in them as well. Very good for thin dragons like rescues. I wish Flash was big enough to eat them. He could use some fattening up. I weighed him today and he was the same as when I got him from the grandson. Frustrating because I put more time in with him than my three and not seeing any improvement yet, it's been a week.
Don't know if you've done this or not but have you had a fecal done on Flash? if he's not making any progress and he's eating maybe that's the cause.....

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Don't know if you've done this or not but have you had a fecal done on Flash? if he's not making any progress and he's eating maybe that's the cause.....

I was just thinking the same thing! Maybe you should go ahead and take him to the vet. Just to rule out parasites.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Didn't know they could have earth worms.... looks like a trip to pet shop this week lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I like the way that paper compares it to our food. I think that's cool too see what they are eating if it was human food.

I'll take a steak and potato please, with some Tums on the side! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Didn't know they could have earth worms.... looks like a trip to pet shop this week lol

They can just make sure you get them from a trustworthy place. Earth worms are decomposers meaning they feed on dead animals and plants and even feces. Not knowing how they were raised and fed can raise the likelihood of parasites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seadevilfl

Bearded Dragon Egg

BSFL (black soldier fly larvae) are not earth worms. They are essentially maggots. Although, my wife would rather I call them worms............lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
BSFL (black soldier fly larvae) are not earth worms. They are essentially maggots. Although, my wife would rather I call them worms............lol

She is not talking about BSFL's she IS talking about earthworms!

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not to change the subject but he's never had a fecal done. I guess I could do that in the next couple days. A lot cheaper than what I'm paying the painter's today and tomorrow. He hasn't eaten very much since that 16 dubia day. No worms for fishing or my dragons. I make my own artificial baits.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is what I make for my fishing trips. Been selling them on ebay for twelve years. This is really changing the subject. Sorry, couldn't help myself.IMG_4226.JPG IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4248.JPG IMG_4265.JPG IMG_4280.JPG This is just a small sample. Only reason I posted these is that it pays for my dragons and all their needs.

Latest posts