• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation ?

Luna

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have a dragon around 10 months old who has become super lethargic spending most of the past few days with her eyes closed. She looks healthy and up until yesterday was eating ok. Today she has hardly eaten and just digs at her substrate to lie in. She used to bask By climbing on her log under her UVB tube But hasn’t done that in ages.

We have her Viv at 35 degrees c (95f) 7am-7pm and 24c (75f) 7pm to 7am. She is also pooping a lot less. From once a day/every other to a couple a week.

Thanks in advance.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know it has been a while but is she doing better now. How much is she eating? What are you feeding her? How long have you been using the UVB bulb?

Luna

Bearded Dragon Egg
She was eating around 5-6 large locusts and some veg - dandelion leaves/flowers, basil leaves, rocket, pack Choi etc.

yesterday and today she’s refused to open her eyes -
She’s be less alert - eyes closed most time is moving around her Viv and digging.

We have had the UVB as long as we have had her. Oct 2019.
Thanks for replying

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wouldn't suggest only feeding her locusts because they have a very hard outer shell and are also very large for a dragon of that age. I would suggest feeding her other things in addition to that ,crickets, wax worms, Soldier fly larvae. Are the locusts from outside? If so she might have parasites. You should also change out the UVB bulb, they start actually losing there UVB after 6 months. So it's a good idea to change them every 6 months.

Luna

Bearded Dragon Egg
She has a couple of wax worms a day. I’m in the UK so they are shop bought locusts.

I’ll get a new UBV. The shop said the one I had was good for 12 months. I’ll go back to smaller locusts and mix it up more.

could she be brumating? Shes only pooping once a week. Could it be the substrate. We have a sandy Reptile Viv specific substrate in there. Could she be eating some of that and getting bunged up?

We bath her every other day but if she’s brumating I’m guessing we shouldn’t be doing that and it would account for her being sleepy and pooping less often.

Latest posts