• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation or cage change?

Michael Colley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well long story short... My 8 month old beardie started getting picky with food, he wasn't eating as much as usual, and unfortunately we were moving and had to move him to a new cage. We did this and he lost it, clawing always and refusing to eat. But I heard from many this is normal with big change.

About a week into the new cage he finally started taking some food then a few days later he went into his hide and now he sleeps, it's been three days of sleep. I assume this is brumation?

I'm kinda of worries but I think it was just bad timing with cage moving. And brumation. But he did lose weight last week during the cage freak out. I'm assuming now that he is truly hibernating that he won't lose too much weight.

Any tips?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have a vet look him over. 8 months is still a little young for him to go into brumation. One thing that can happen with a big change and stress is that it can stir up parasites in the gut. I would have a fecal done just to be safe.

Latest posts