• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumating

Reza

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Crush, my one year old, seems to be brumating. However, he does open his eyes periodically inside his hide (cave). From what I've read he showed all the signs of getting ready to brumate. I can't help but to be a bit worried about him. Any advise?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let him brumate if he is as not much we can do they are hard wired to do this :) much to our dismay to see our sleepy friends.. still offer food and greens, if he eats make sure he poops before sleeping for long periods as you don't want it sitting in his belly. Give him weekly warm soaks to hydrate him

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my current male goes through periods of brumation - asleep for a few days, awake enough to eat and poop for a few days, then repeat. My last male was completely asleep for MONTHS!!! My female is a slug so its hard to tell if she's brumating or just being her normal lazy self !

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You just have to let him do what he wants to do. Mine goes into his hide and makes a cave in his blanket or under his carpet but he will open his eyes every now and then and come out to eat, etc.

Reza

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I miss him. I look forward to the weekly soak. Every day I go into my office hoping to see him out about but he just keeps sleeping.

It gives me time to fix my lighting situation and get him set up right. Thank PatsyB for the tips.

Latest posts