• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

black scales?

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
my brothers girlfriend has a small beardie, about 8 months old but stunted. Recently he's had a patch of about 4 scales on his head that look black tipped, pinched or very dry. And it looks like maybe it might start spreading?
but it almost disappears when he warms up and darkens a bit.

she was worried so we just want to ask if it just looks like a bad shed spot or possibly black fungus?

Attachments

• WP_20150725_004.jpg
    WP_20150725_004.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 579

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they look like black spots on the scales. i dont think i would worry about it being a "black fungus" - i would just watch it. probably just an anomaly

Tammy edwards

Hatchling Dragon
Him doing that is showing you that he ain't happy mine does the same it shows up more due to his head being a yellow colour I wouldn't worry at at 8 month old they're very temperamental il attach a picture so u can see my big boy Leo has the same
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437945480.714891.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437945480.714891.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I see what you are talking about. I would just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't spread. It looks like it may be stuck shed, try brushing it lightly with a soft toothbrush when you give him a bath and maybe put some mineral oil or coconut oil on it and see if it helps.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
yeah he gets those. But this little patch almost looks like it will start coming off. Very pinched and weird looking. I'll just keep an eye on him since she will be away for a week.

Latest posts