• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bit of advice needed please :)

Iluvdragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have 2 baby beardies, 4 months old, when I got them they were exactly the same size but 2 months on one is almost 2 times the size of the other, am concerned that maybe the larger is hogging all the food maybe, they are both in shed at the moment, Reggi the larger has almost finished but has kept appetite all way through whereas ronni the smaller started shed about 4 or 5 days ago and doesn't seem to be interested in anything other than veg. Will I have to separate them or should I just try feeding separate in the hopes that ronni will get more chance of eating more.

Thanks in advance

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Housing dragons 2gether can stress them both out & isn't recommended. Definitely separate them during feeding.

Iluvdragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They are both female, I thought that it was ok to have two girls together?? The breeder I got them from had 3 girls together but a male on it's own, she said It was fine, was she wrong?? I will separate them to feed them from now on but should I separate them permanently then? they don't fight or anything, in fact they seem to cuddle together quite a lot of the time and I have never seen any aggression from either one to the other.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Dragons really shouldn't be hosued together no matter what the sex, there will always be one that is more dominant then the other. When you see beardies "stack" (laying on top of each other) it is actually a sign of dominance as the one on the bottom doesn't recieve proper UV.

You really should seperate them permanently.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, has Ronni finished shedding yet? Has it really taken 4 days? I would probably bath her and help her along a litte (just my opinion of course)

Iluvdragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Reggi took a week to shed and ronni has shed just her legs and tail so far, I have bathed them every other day to help them along.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have dragons that take 10 + days to shed.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
really? 10 days. Like Yoda has only shed the once and it took less than a day. But over the years l've a numerous blue tongue and they taken only a couple of hours. I didn't realise that it could be that long *gobsmacked*

Latest posts