• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Birthday Calendar

Would you like to see a birthday calendar of our forum community members?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm a bit late for this, so please let me start off by saying sorry! Time slips away from the best of us.

We have had a couple of requests to have a forum calendar with our members' birthdays. For security reasons, members will post their own birthdays in the community calendar.

I did play around with this a couple of months ago. If a member has completed the birthday section in their profile, the forum software automatically posts the birthday along with that person's age. Therefore, having a birthday calendar will require programming on our end to ensure member's who do not want their birthday published will be omitted when the calendar is activated.

So, I wanted to see how many of our family members out there are truly interested in having a birthday calendar. Please vote accordingly.

Thanks!
Renee

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no its a member birthday calendar.

I think it would be a great idea to have a calendar with the birthdays of our members on it.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ummmm............for us OLD folks..............this will just tell when our birthday is.......not how old we are right?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
ummmm............for us OLD folks..............this will just tell when our birthday is.......not how old we are right?

Correct. That is why coding is required. If I activate the forum software calendar, it will display your age. But if I have it custom coded (time & money), then it will not display your age - just that it is your bday.

That is the purpose of my poll. I do not want to put forth the time and effort if the majority of our member are not interested.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
anybody who doesn't want their age addressed could just go in and edit the year in the profile. Mine says I'm like 200 years old or something. Close........but not quite. lol

To keep from the money and the headache.......you know.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I appreciate all of the feedback. As a security safety precaution to our members, we will not post anyone's birthday or anyone's age. Members will be required to post their own birthday.

I'll away the poll's results and make the necessary determination if coding will be needed or not.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know we didnt get much participation on this thread, but i think a lot of members dont go in the News part of the forum. Maybe if you posted the poll in General Discussion as a sticky you would get a better feel for it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts